What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, just took its own sweet time. it stalled a couple times and was just an all around pain. No idea what caused it and nothing I did to try and speed it up worked.

Sometimes that is just the way it is. I had an apple that took 3 months to ferment, I have no idea why.

bottled blueberry pomegranite today couldnt enjoy to much of it cause i had to be at work by 2:30. Also getting house in order for my daughter to move back home. It the right thing to do $$ wise and I will be happy to see her more but it will require some adjustment. No more naked wine tastings in the living room

bottled blueberry pomegranite today couldnt enjoy to much of it cause i had to be at work by 2:30. Also getting house in order for my daughter to move back home. It the right thing to do $$ wise and I will be happy to see her more but it will require some adjustment. No more naked wine tastings in the living room

45623ad8d5932d4353416ccc7f6d7b4f58310194b49faa8e439f3b6deab739da.jpg

jd, I know what you are talking about. It's spring break for the kids to come home, so the doors need to be closed. Next week, when everyone is back to school, things can return to normal.

Both Briannas appear to be complete or close to completing fermentation and can go to glass. I need to complete and bottle another wine to free up space. The Cran Pom is showing no signs of life, so I may have to pitch again.

Been a while since I posted last. Been busy on the new to us acreage and had a few health issues. Turned out to be all benign and nothing serious. I don't know exactly when it happened but I just realized I am not the invincible 25 year old I once was! (Actually happened about 20 years ago LOL) Working inside the house all winter and now that it's getting a little nicer I am out in the yard. I think another full group of seasons and we will be done here. I'm really hoping to get the grapes planted this year. I racked 5 carboys today that have been at various stages since last year. I am getting ready to bottle 3 of them next weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

I do get jealous of those of you that have the space to really go allout on wine making. even when my daughter gets maried and moves out for good it will only be a short time before grand babies start sleeping over looks like ill never get to convert here room into wine space

lol JD.....

I ran into some hard times after a bad relationship and a bad break-up. My mom was kind and generous enough to let me move back in to get "back on my feet". I'm SURE your daughter appreciates it. And once you have grandbabies, you'll be able to give them BACK and work on wine making! hehehe :)

Today, I tried to suck goo out of a blueberry dragons blood/jet blue. I bottled some hard cider. And I also fed my plant babies! In addition to wine making, I also love gardening and canning and doing all kinds of things from scratch! :)

Just checked the results of the Missouri Valley Wine Competition & found that my I won a Silver for my Chilean Pinot Grigo & a Bronze for my Chocolate Raspberry Port. Two out of three isn't bad.

Al

congrats al. Hey do you guys and gals want a good laugh? Go back to your first post when you were a newbie and continue to follow your threads I did just that and found myself lol:se

congrats al. Hey do you guys and gals want a good laugh? Go back to your first post when you were a newbie and continue to follow your threads I did just that and found myself lol:se

Lol, I'm too scared to do that! :)

I SHOULD be back sweetening strawberry Smuckers and blueberry candy cane today. However, seeing that it's such a nice day, I'm riding along with my husband doing errands. I needed to go to Hobby Lobby and Lowe's anyway.

I may or may not get around to ending to those two this evening. I have some Cricut work to do for my sister's baby shower and some next tags to cut out tonight, so that's priority.

Worked on St. Joseph altar for feast day tomorrow.
Viva, San Guiseppe Viva!

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Wine Making mobile app

1395194895273.jpg

Took inventory of what I need to do in the next few weeks in order to be ready for Chilean harvest, and keep the kits moving. I've got a lot of bottling to do: 1) Carmenere 2) Malbec 3) Eclipse Barolo 4) Blueberry Port 5) RJS Torrontes and 6) Possibly EP Pinot Noir. That will free up barrel space for the CC Showcase Yakima Syrah, and my first all-grape batch from last fall - Amador Gold Petit Syrah. I'll also be able to start my WE LE Shiraz Cabernet and WE LE Aussie Grenache Rose that will arrive next month.

Along with that will be de-labeling some bottles (I try to keep up with this and not have too much to do at one time), sorting and boxing bottles, and spring cleaning of the winemaking area.

Back