What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Elmer, I was following in your footsteps:
mowed the lawn and put the tractor way (which meant re-arranging the garage), did a load of laundry and folded a load, made and bottled a batch of Apple Pie shine, sanitizing bottles, delivered some apple pie shine, took the wife to dinner, visited the funeral home (twice in 2 weeks) and now watching the hockey game and football game, while sharing half a bottle of Fredonia with my wife.

Today-
Making apple pie stuff.
Topping up Tuscan
Watching football, eating some greasy food!

And chilling.
I did soon much raking yesterday, I can not feel my limbs!

Got home from the hospital after a successful surgery. Just trying to stay holed up in my bedroom so the kids don`t remember that I`m home, and want me (can`t lift them till after Christmas).

Enjoying my pain meds too! Lol.

the_rayway, glad to hear you surgery went well but the tough one is going to be no lifting til Christmas.

Kind of makes me wonder what the drugs were that the Oral Surgeon gave me that I didn't notice these in the back of the SUV. I went to put the recycles out this morning and found them with a card from my husband. I love how he supports me in my wine making.

That is so sweet of him! How long did it take to train him?

Finishing up my 5 day babysitting sentence with my 2 oldest grandkids. A piece of advice for those of you with teenagers; NEVER use the mothers curse. It will come back to bite you in the butt when you have to babysit your grandchildren.

Last edited:
Glad everything went okay Rayway!
Oh, and thanks for the lasagna recipe, I'm making it now. looks yummy.

Hey Reefman - enjoy! Hope it turns out well for you :)

And Julie - luckily, my husband is some kind of Saint. Patient and steady with the kids; and doesn't mind lifting my carboys when I can't!

hahaha....he's up to no good. When I'm that sweet to my wife, it means I want a new toy for my:Dself.
...and the Lasagna was awesome, even the wife liked it.

I'm half way through stoning 11kg of Loquats.
I have to say this is one of the most boring tasks I've done this year.
I should have counted the pips, but would have gone mad already.
Half way break (and a Dragons Blood to help the monotony :w )

Got my venison into the freezer today and bottled my 2012 special editions. Actually got carried away and bottled everything just to get cleaned up. Now all carboys are empty. I have to get my Cheeky Monkey Shiraz and Kenridge Showcase Amarone mixed on next week.

Racked the Black Forest Port, Amarone out of the Vadai and the Pinot Noir in. Sampled all, and the Carmenere from the other barrel as well. Then grocery shopping to restock the fridge after our vacation. Went for a run, then made some nice Asian flank steak, with fried rice and stir fried veggies. I'm ready to go back on vacation. :)

I'm heading home shortly after a quiet night at work. We got our first little bit of snow of the season, and it's going to be cold today, so it's down to the cellar with me!

My daily planner: I'm getting my raspberry out of the primary; checking the concord to see if it's ready to bottle; pondering over the still cloudy tropical sitting in the back; amping up the cinnamon in the Cinnamonster Wine; tasting that awesome-looking blackberry that's been sitting there for two months; maybe bottling my wife's moscato; and cleaning bottles---lots of empty bottles...:(

Have the day off today, plan on cleaning he labels off some bottles that I started to soak last night and then determine if anything needs racked. May bottle and hide some of the chillean to free up some 2 six gallon carboys for future upcoming racking. Then again, I may sit around and do nothing. I haven't decided.

packing gear, and greasing fishing rods, going to honduras thursday for peacock bass.....and trying to label my carboys.

Latest posts

Back