What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished racking off an test gallon batch of strawberry that I made in June this year. I am testing back adding sugar. Finished to 1.00 SG. I back added 100 grams of granulated sugar. By my calculations that will put the batch just over 2.5% residual sugar.

Well last night I racked the Skeeter Pee again, hoping it will be good to bottle this weekend in time to bring some to my brother-in-law's BBQ for labor day. My daughter, the middle child came over last night to give me a hair cut. Cost me a bottle of Pinot Grigio and a bottle of Pinot Noir in addition to the four years of college and then Beauty School that I already paid for. She told me at the time, "think of all the free hair cuts you'll be getting" Free, Yeah right. :slp

racking a batch of pineapple, cleaning more kiwi,cleaning the pool,
cleaning bottles, then kicking back with some db by the pool.

Since 9:45 this am, I managed to get 52 gallons of Chilean Juice racked into fresh carboys and back sweetened 10 gallons of 2012 Red Muscadine. I took it to 1.010 sg this year and IMHO is quite good tasting. Getting ready to head out to getgo to get gas. I still have $8.00+ in free fuel from all the projects I've done here lately.....Should be good for 3 more fill ups..

well we took wifes .45 and shipped it back for a recall and I'm thinking of possibly starting to do some stuff to my wines. I've had some just sitting in carboys aging for a good bit now and not even touched them other than checking the airlocks.

well we took wifes .45 and shipped it back for a recall and I'm thinking of possibly starting to do some stuff to my wines. I've had some just sitting in carboys aging for a good bit now and not even touched them other than checking the airlocks.

Holy Sirs!

Havent seen you in a while
Glad to see ya postin'!

I'm guessing it's an XD? Great firearm......

We were informed that we have a 2 hour early out today so I may try to get the Red Muscadine into bottles today to clear up some bench room. I'll have to give it a sample after back sweetening on Wednesday to see how it tastes. May also try to back sweeten the Noble and the Bronze Muscadine today. They are currently 11 months old.

Kindergarten orientation for our oldest. Then off to a local winery for some bottles.

Driving from Edmonton through jasper and down into kamloops today. My first time driving through the Rockies. Should be a fun trip

Driving up to Dallas to go to the Cowboys Classic tomorrow in the new Cowboys stadium, (now AT&T stadium). LSU vs TCU. Our daughter graduated LSU in 2011 and is now in grad school at TCU. Where will we be sitting? LSU side of course. No team does tailgating like the tigers.
GEAUX TIGERS!

save me a bottle or a case of that Doug.

Got my second place ribbon and my monetary winnings from the county fair for my Cab Merlot. Maybe the juice from Luva Bella ain't all bad.

Looking to bottle 8 gallons of Skeeter Pee tomorrow, then hopefully rack and bottle some Luna Rosa, Barolo and Cab Franc (unless I try some blending)

Went on a bottle run with a friend and fellow (quiet) WMT member today. I scored 14 cases of bottles for $4 a piece and spent a very enjoyable few hours at Notaviva Vineyards. Stephen and Shannon (owners) were very gracious and Stephen was more than happy to walk us through the operation as he was racking, blending, and cleaning some barrels today. They have some very nice wines and I had some of the most enjoyable and interesting white blends I've tried. He even suggested a return visit with some of our wines for tasting. I'll be back.

getting smokers ready for big party on sunday...making 5 gallons of cold slaw, and 2 gallons of beans, with smoked sausage,brisket,ribs.
and i have fruit cut up to dump in the dragon blood ice chest.....oh yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Just dropped the kids off at my parents' place. Date night with my beautiful bride tonight. We are headed to the John Mayer/Phillip Phillips show.

Getting things ready for a visit from our friends. Djrockensteve is coming to Iowa!

Rob, can I send some $$ and a 15 gallon container with Steve for some Brianna juice???

Anyway, bottled 3 1/2 cases of Skeeter Pee today. Got the equipment and bottles sanitized for bottling some Barolo, Luna Rosa and/or Beaugelois. We are looking forward to next Saturday's get together at Luva Bella....

Latest posts

Back