What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a really nice table wood1954! I can't quite see it well enough, is it a trestle table? Is that walnut banding the table? Really nice job!

What kinds of wood are they, unless they are exotic woods most hardwoods arent to good outside. Edging looks like Brazilian cherry to me. You obviously know what your doing and know your lumber so Im sure they are exterior woods so I would like to know what they are, Im a wood worker also and very curious as to what you used.

I took a bottle of my Peach Chardonnay to work to give to a co-worker, he gives me all the empty wine bottles from the bar. I didn't see him before I left so I left it in my truck. Guess what happened to it, thats right, the cork popped out and I have wine all over my truck. It does smell good ! Bakervinyard

Just finished my Limoncello, WOW!
The recipe msde 2 750 ml bottles with 8 oz left over. ...we all had a shot or 3 .....lol
Damn this is great!

Last edited:
I took a bottle of my Peach Chardonnay to work to give to a co-worker, he gives me all the empty wine bottles from the bar. I didn't see him before I left so I left it in my truck. Guess what happened to it, thats right, the cork popped out and I have wine all over my truck. It does smell good ! Bakervinyard

LOL Welcome to the club. It happened to me last year with a 1.5L bottle. Luckily there is a great carwash on the way home the does interiors and shampoos.

I got lucky when it happened in my car. No wine came out when 2 out of 3 bottles blew, just 2 small dents in my headliner. LOL

Spent the weekend moving my daughter into her new apartment. None of her friends showed up, so it was all up to the Mrs. and I. All I can say is thank God for furniture dollies and hand trucks! I will have a word with a few of these jokers when they show up for the house warming party...

I did manage to find some time to rack off the Dragon's Blood and back sweeten. There were a few ounces left over so we did a taste. I definitely see why folks like this so much. It is light bodied, but nice flavor and very easy to drink. I think it will have a place in my rotation along with the OB kits as early-drinkers-to-keep-the-riff-raff-out-of-my-big-reds-while-aging.

...ouch...trying to recover from "one too many" Limoncello shots......damn, I'm too old for this.

thanks for everyone's kind remarks. Here's a better pic of my table. The top is black walnut with honeylocust. the base is osage orange and white oak. 3 coats of Cabot's australian timber oil. I used to cut down trees with a friend and i'd take the trunk for lumber and he'd take the crown for firewood, got a lot of good wood that way. The osage orange i got from a deer hunting trip to Missouri, didn't get a deer but the farmer let me cut a couple trees down. He said they use osage for fence posts because the wood lasts longer than the holes.

table2.jpg

Well, after mixing up shots of the herbal energy supplement I'm working on, stirring 2 batches of skeeter pee, heating up a glass of spiced cider, feeding my ginger bug and checking my lactofermented soda experiment, I am now off to work. I want my soda to be ready when I get home. I was actually hoping itd be ready now. patience is not my strong point lol.

Getting more stuff packaged up so that I can start the bedroom re-model. This is the part of the job I don't like. Hopefully 90% of what we packaged us will end up getting tossed. It would really be nice to start purging.

I tasted the Carmenere, Cab Sauv and the Barbera this evening, they have been sitting on oak cubes for 2 months. The Barbera is 4 months and the rest are 3. So far I'm liking the results. The Barbera has a nice creamy mouthfeel to it. Cab Sauv has bold oak flavors and good body. The Carmenere has good body, good mouth feel and the oak is not over powering. All had 4 oz of medium toast cubes for 2 months at this point. I may add a few more to the Carmenere after racking.

I have 6 gallons of peach wine that has bulk aged a year now. I am going to take one gallon and add 750ml of peach brandy to it, backsweeten with white grape and peach concentrate and bottle in 12 half bottles. I will let you know how it turns out.

sanitizing more bottles and starting to do some tasting. I may have to do some pH adjusting....

picking up a 4.4 cu compact fridge in a few hrs, I'll use it to cold stabilize my wines and to lager my beer.

Got the 4.4 cubic ft refrigerator today, after removing the gasket and door panel, then re attaching the gasket, I now have a place to make a decent lager, and to cold stabilize my wine.
At the moment, I'm still dialing in the temp, I had to adjust the temp controller, it had gone down to 35 degrees with a 5 gal carboy in it.....perfect!
I racked my Octoberfest lager and it sits in the fridge, this smells and tastes amazing!
I also racked my Harpoon IPA clone and added the hops (dry hopped).
When this comes out the moscato will go in for a little cold stabilization.
Not a bad buy for 35 dollars!

bottled 6 gallons of Cherry wine, Thanks jessica for the excellent recipe! And then bottled the WE Petite Syrah/Zin from 2011. Now I have time to start the WE white that has been sitting patiently for the last couple months

There was a photo shoot being done at my house this week and little did the camera man or reporter know I had my own little secret camera sat up! Actually I forgot about it until a day or two later (my trail cam).

Shoot 01.jpg

02.jpg

Back