What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that Hot dog wine? The label looks great though but maybe you should have installed spell checker! :) I dont tell people not to buy W>E wine, I just inform them that the reds really ttake a long time to come around compared to the other brands. I have tasted a few W.E. Crushendos and a Stags Leap merlot that were awesome nut it takes quite some time for them to overcome that sweet taste that most of them have whick most of the other brands either dont have or have far less of and rid of them much earlier. I do like all the other non red wine products from them!

:u
No wine for HER!
When I bottle I just put the month & year not the word "bottled" and put it on the lower right corner in small type.

Great label thou...

just racked 35 gallons of wine. gotta get the rest later. something has to be bottled soon. way too much in carboys!!! 70 gals to be exact

She won't see that post or she would probably tell I spelled capitalize wrong too.

The Wienery thing cames from baby sister too cause I have two wiener dogs. Wouldn't be without one.

Last edited:
just racked 35 gallons of wine. gotta get the rest later. something has to be bottled soon. way too much in carboys!!! 70 gals to be exact
70 gallons? That ALL ??
Click on my signature to see whats "Fermenting"

She won't see that post or she would probably tell I spelled capitalize wrong too.

The Wienery thing cames from baby sister too cause I have two wiener dogs. Wouldn't be without one.

Did everything in Photoshop Elements 8, saved it and then inserted into Microsoft Word.

Took the picture a couple days ago. I have a Sony a700 with a 300mm 2.8 Tamron with a 1.4 Kenko converter attached.

For some reason Avery will not load into this computer. It is new with Microsoft 7. :? :c

Sometimes I want to do that last one.

Last edited:
Today, I'll be cleaning the house up a bit and doing some more work towards getting my own vineyard. Mainly research and networking.

Still messing with labels so I don't forget how. Oldtimes disease I think.

That is Huckelberry Hound. Peanut is sleeping under the blanket.

Raspberry Apple.jpg

Well I need to degas and add the packs to my limited wine today .Then I need to pick up my paycheck & put it in the bank .Then I think I'll take the time to visit my friend who's in town babysitting her gandkids .We haven't seen each other in awhile , heck she hasn't even sampled our wine yet so will definitely have to take some for her to try .After 2 days with a 2 yr old & 4 yr old she'll need a bottle of wine lol . Thats going to be my birthday present to myself to take the time to visit her . Then after that I don't know what's going on .

Sitting here at work contemplating whether to get a white wine kit to start in March or to wait until Consumer Produce get their chilean juices in and try white wine from juice in May. Of course if I order juice I'll probably be able to get 2 buckets for what a kit costs.

Hmmmmmm What to do....

Today I just bottled 6 gallon batchs of fresh Strawberry and 6 gallon fresh Blackberry

Sunday I'm bottling my first wine, which is an Amarone from a kit, and tonight I'm going to be researching growing grape vines.

I wanted to grow Cabernet Sauvignon (or some other grape to make a nice, big red wine), but that's a zone 7 vine, and I'm in zone 5 northern Michigan. From what I've gathered I could probably get some fruit if I reduced the fruit to about 1 pound per vine, and I could keep the vines from freezing by burying them in the fall. I'm not sure if that's worth it, I may have to settle for Cabernet Franc, although even that is a zone 6, so I might be out of luck there too.

Last night we bottled 27 bottles of Tempernillo. Kept the last 2/3 of a bottle in a carafe and it was very drinkable (had it with dinner). FIRST time it's been that palatable at bottling.

Today, delabled 36 bottles and was very happy to find two more cases of already :db delabled bottles that I didn't realize the wife had done recently.

friday night roast dinner..

Am currently cooking a 4lb ( 2.6 kilo) beef topside roast.. ( I saved my vouchers and got it on special today) I also have a 2 kilo corned silverside in the pressure cooker.. so we're living on cold cuts and salads for the weekend.

Allie

:spm

Allie what is silverside ? I love coldcuts & salads and some really nice fresh rolls ,can't say our teenage boys would , coldcuts maybe salads no way !!! lol But our 16 yr old has been trying new things this year that amaze me but then says he doesn't like things I have been making for him that he has always liked ,Teenagers ????

I think it's called salt beef in america.. . It's the cold cuts that have the red colouring as the salts fix the colour in the meat.

I use this recipe..

http://missvickie.blogspot.com/2009/03/corned-beef-and-all-fixings.html

I have 4 teens.. 2 boys and 2 girls.. they eat me out of house and home.

there are photos in that recipe.. does it look familiar to you?

I also make my own chutneys.. amazing what teens will eat if you throw extra pickles and things at them..

Allie

Oh i get it like corned beef ,Not something I'm crazy about guess it's a good thing since I was told to watch my salt intake because my blood pressure was going up . So I try to cut out some of the salt I eat but make sure I leave enough I can have a few potato chips when i want to lol . Anyways i have finished my glass of relaxing wine before I head off to bed & work in the morning . IT's good for the soul to see friends you haven't had time to visit .

Latest posts

Back