What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1000 on the Pex and the SharkBite fittings that go with them! Remodeled the hall bathroom and used them in the shower and they were just the ticket. :db

Ended up doing it myself for a out a tenth of the estimate price with PEX. I love PEX!!!!! It is wonderful to work with!

I agree with the Shark bite fittings!!! They are wonderful!! Simple to use and quick to install.

Did a hot water heater last week, took 10 minutes to do all the piping. I love shark bites

I'll have to check them out the next time. His existing plumbing was running across the kitchen ceiling above a dropped ceiling. We put them in the floor so he can re-do the kitchen properly at some point in time. All the copper is run, just need to plumb for the tub drain now. The tub he got was damaged so we could not start to install that.

Running a chase truck in a hot air balloon race in Natchez MS. The Texas Twist is flying high.

Lit up the cab franc and GEW kits. Ordered some concrete dust for a paver project. Running my backhoe this weekend. Life is good!

I'm going to a wine tasting fund raiser for the United Way. First time going to it.

Heading to Presque Isle Wine Cellars for 3 buckets of juice, this should finish me up for the year or ar least the fall. Leaving in about 10 minutes should be there by 11:30 then off to Burch Farms Winery and Farmers Market for the pumpkin patch.

Going to a large winery in central Florida to see if their muscadine can hold a candle to Doug's. I'm thinking not, but I can be ready to be pleasantly surprised. Then off to our place at the beach for the rest of the week...

Reveling in the 300+ hits I got on my website for my winemaking classes in the last 2 days. Groupon works.

What website would that be? I would like to attend a class like that one day to increase my knowledge and can't find any near me.

Today I'm starting batches of jalapeño/habanero wine, coffee wine, and if there's time, finally use up the canned cherries for some cherry wine.

I picked up several cases of bottles from a friends mother, included was five nice mexican 5 gallon carboys! Yipee! Now I can have 40 batches going at once!

Heading to Presque Isle Wine Cellars for 3 buckets of juice, this should finish me up for the year or ar least the fall. Leaving in about 10 minutes should be there by 11:30 then off to Burch Farms Winery and Farmers Market for the pumpkin patch.

Doug, thanks for stopping in, it was good seeing you as always!

Doug, thanks for stopping in, it was good seeing you as always!

Picked up the last of the PA juice for this year and stopped in to see Dan at Presque Isle Wine Cellars. After stopping there we headed over to Burch Farms Winery and Fruit market for a tractor ride, corn maze and scavenger hunt. Scavenger hunt you had to find 5 different kind of apples using their clues. We ended up with 27 various apples for $15 and had a blast with the family. While there we also tasted some of thier wines. Brought 5 home. Of the wines we tasted my personal favorite was the Apple Blend. It's a blend of 2 or 3 different apples and it is finished semi-sweet with no cinamon or other spices to it. It tastes just like biting into a fresh picked apple.

Next batch of apple I do will be done in this manner. Past batches had cinamon and cloves and tended to come out on the clovy side. If I had more carboys, I'd start a batch of apple from fresh apples now.

at it again this weekend.
40 lbs of peaches, 15 lbs of Catawba and 2 lbs bananas all into the 10 gallon fermentor for some Catawba Peach wine.
next was 5 gallon fresh cider went into the fermentor with 3 pounds dry malt extract and some Safbrew for some hard cider.

ffemt128 said:
Picked up the last of the PA juice for this year and stopped in to see Dan at Presque Isle Wine Cellars. After stopping there we headed over to Burch Farms Winery and Fruit market for a tractor ride, corn maze and scavenger hunt. Scavenger hunt you had to find 5 different kind of apples using their clues. We ended up with 27 various apples for $15 and had a blast with the family. While there we also tasted some of thier wines. Brought 5 home. Of the wines we tasted my personal favorite was the Apple Blend. It's a blend of 2 or 3 different apples and it is finished semi-sweet with no cinamon or other spices to it. It tastes just like biting into a fresh picked apple.

Next batch of apple I do will be done in this manner. Past batches had cinamon and cloves and tended to come out on the clovy side. If I had more carboys, I'd start a batch of apple from fresh apples now.

That seems to always be the problem!! So many batches that I want to start and never enough primaries or secondaries!!!! :( Lol

Latest posts

Back