What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took my bride to Presque Isle Wines in North East today to pick up three nice barrells, Thanks Dan!, then drove to Luva Bella and picked up 5 buckets of Italian juice. Had lunch at Luva Bellas, a nice garlic pizza paired with a real nice Malbec. A real good day!

Hey Phil sorry I missed you, There were a number of jealous people that missed out on those barrels. Lauri snapped this picture of your truck and sent it to me.

Phils barrows.jpg

SarahRides said:
It's been a BUSY couple of weeks! Last week got to spend a few days up in PA/NY with Mikael. While visiting, got my very first Tattoo! I'll be taking pictures later and can post. We met up with DJRockinSteve for lunch and a trip to Walker's last Tuesday. While out there, we stopped by Presque Isle and met RunningWolf and got to chat with him for a few minutes. So last weekend I started the Cayuga, Rhubarb and Concord. This weekend I will be starting the Plum, Blackberry and Chambourcin.

This past week I started my new job. Everyone at the new agency has been awesome, they seem to be a great group to work with! Everything seems to be so organized there, everyone really seems to be on top of everything. I am really looking forward to working with them.

Amidst all of this, my grapes also came in yesterday! So I'm going to be spending the weekend crushing and pressing. It's been a pretty exciting couple of weeks.

You know that your first tattoo will lead to your second, third, and so on right? Lol. I speak from experience. I got my first one when I was 20 and 18 years later I have been tattooed about 11 more times and going back for more in November!!

My grapes are in and harvested. They are in the freezer waiting for my latest batch of Dragon's Blood to finish fermenting so I can start my first batch of muscadine wine. :D

I live it where I live, but reading about all of your trips to vineyards and wineries up north really makes me jealous!!! Wish I could get up there with my wife to see what you guys are talking about!

Took a few bottles of my skeeter pee and Dragon's Blood to a friends house for a party they were throwing. Hopefully I will get some good reviews!

You know that your first tattoo will lead to your second, third, and so on right? Lol. I speak from experience. I got my first one when I was 20 and 18 years later I have been tattooed about 11 more times and going back for more in November!!

So I've heard! My mother's reply when I told her (she hates tattoos): "Honestly I'm surprised it took you this long, you've wanted one since you were 15!" (I'm 33 now). I love it! I'm probably going to get another one next year, but have no idea what or where yet.

DSC00807.jpg

That's a cool tat!!!! I love how everything is black work except the leaves!!!

Bottled my batch of strawberry pee!! It turned out real nice! I really like the color!!! A nice blush pee!!!! :D There is also a pic of Dragon's Blood and Strawberry Pee together for a color comparison.

image-2197803202.jpg

image-4146940005.jpg

image-1137417077.jpg

Today I celebrated my 34th anniversary by bottling Chilean Muscato, Carmenere and 2 batches of Zinfandel. Some real fine wine there! Now to pick out some of my best to celebrate with my Sweety!

Pjd congrats on the anniversary. That is a milestone. I love seeing that. My husband and I will be at 30 next year. Kind of makes you wonder who the longest married couple in the for um are. Again congrats to you and yours. Best wishes for many more.

Thanks Wolf!!! I stole the idea for those bottles from Lon. They are cool bottles!! Also, you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find like kool aide where I live!!! You would think it is some special mix or something. Lol

Congrats PJ!!!!! My wife and I will be celebrating 11 years next year! It will be spent in Boone, NC at our favorite place with the best innkeepers in the world!! If anyone is down this way or up this way, you need to check out The Lovill House Inn. It is a bed and breakfast. A beautiful inn in a beautiful city!!! Scott and Anne Peacook are the owners and keepers and they are some of the best people that you will ever meet!!!! I hope we make it till 34 years!!

That is supposed to be lime koolaid not like. Stupid spell correct on the phone!!! Lol

50 and rainy here today. Add to that the fact that football is on and ya just gotta make some chili. Also started my gingerbread ale. I'm thinking I need to increase the size of my beer batches. One gallon looks pathetic next to all the five and six gallon carboys of wine. :h

Spent the weekend out of state visting Eddie. Got to visit with Julie and Mike today for a short while. Enjoying a glass/bottle of Noble Muscadine that was picked this same weekend last year. Have a very busy day a head of me tomorrow and the rest of the week. Proabably get to see Dan again next weekend at PI Wine when I pick up my Catawba and Chanbourcin. Any ideas on the Chambourcin would be appreciated.

Bill, call tomorrow. Phone is dead or just about there.

You guys are so lucky to be able to visit each other and to be located so close to your suppliers. I just met a mead maker for the first time this weekend here in Costa Rica. He is considering going commerial. I'll remain in close contact for tagging onto his shipments of supplies.

I'm Crying. The attempt at making a quickie mock wine just failed--No more yeast activity--only 2 days old. Had a 14%PA

I just looked closer and fermentation is excellent. My guess is that because I used one of those crystalized juce bases, it is not making the foam i am used to seeing on top.
I almost dumped it but wanted just one more look :h

Doug, Chambourcin is usually fermented dry and blended with like a Cab Franc, or can go with a white to produce a nice blush. This was my mid term exam question, so I had to bone up on Chambourcin. I said that I would oak mine lightly with some PA medium toast oak.

Off to NJ for 3 days. I look forward to visiting Brookhollow Winery in NJ to get some 375's and to Franklin Hill Vineyards to see my classmates and get a tour of the winery.

Racked my 12 gallons of Fredonia to carboys, pitched the yeast on some muscadine, bottled 5 gallons of Oaked Muscadine, found a case of Red Muscadine I didn't know I had and made stuffed cabbage for dinner. Just put it in the oven for 5:00. Love the smell of cooked cabbage. Can't wait for about 2 days til the Muscadine takes off and I can smell that permeating through the house.

Doug, Chambourcin is usually fermented dry and blended with like a Cab Franc, or can go with a white to produce a nice blush. This was my mid term exam question, so I had to bone up on Chambourcin. I said that I would oak mine lightly with some PA medium toast oak.

Off to NJ for 3 days. I look forward to visiting Brookhollow Winery in NJ to get some 375's and to Franklin Hill Vineyards to see my classmates and get a tour of the winery.

Have fun and drive safely.

Finally got my computer back up-and-running

Got a new 3-gallon carboy + bung & airlock, my birthday loot

Also have 3 gallons of apple juice to go with the 80-100lbs of apples

Making beef stroganoff for the wifey and sampling my strawberry pee. It is quite lovely. Can't wait to taste it after a year in the bottle!! Will be racking my latest batch of Dragon's Blood to the secondary tonight. Next week ill start my first batch of muscadine!! Yippee!!!! :D 3 years of nurturing my vines is getting ready to pay off!!!

Latest posts

Back