What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both kids now delivered to college. I now have time to devote to my on line wine classes and working in my downstairs winery. I get to shuffle off to Buffalo for 3 days this week.

Hopefully going fishing on the White Oak River.....if it doesn't rain again. We may be turning the boat into an Ark.

Spending the day unpacking, laundry etc. I was up at my family's camp for the past week. My favorite place in the world! No phone. no internet, no tv or cell phone. Just you, the lake, the cabin and a lot of woods! It was very relaxing, something I needed! Now back to work Monday, where everything is going to be chaotic again. We have 3 weeks left there before the agency is closed, so it's going to be a lot of running around and tying up loose ends. Hopefully after all this unpacking, etc today I will have time to rack some of the wines, they have really been neglected the past few months!

Yesterday we did an 85 mile bike run to benefit Officer James Kuzak Jr. He is the Clariton Police officer that was shot responing to a home invasion call. Great ride with great people.

I took the day off today so I can take my baby girl to her first day of Kindergarten. She's so excited.

Bottled my Vino Italiano Cabernet yesterday. Modified it by adding raisins, dried blueberries and banana to the primary and gave it some oak while bulk aging for two months. Pretty tasty for ~$2 a bottle.

Friday I am racking 6 gallons of Gewurtztraminer and 6 gallons of Chardonnay. Both Reserve Du Chateau from Amazon. I have another 6 gallons of Amarone brewing and it's perculating like crazy.

I'm going to carboy age the Chardonnay 6 months with 2 oak spirals to get the full oak taste.

What are you doing today?

Just got dome playing in the Hockey Beats Down Cancer tournament here in Columbus, Ohio 5 games in 4 days wore me out but I had a blast paying for Colon Cancer. I even got MY surgical group to spring for jerseys!!!
Here's a great picture someone took of me in goal:try

Semi-colon me Web.jpg

Racking, stabilizing and degassing the Red Mountain Trio tonight. (and looking forward to sneaking a little taste) :h

have blueberries in primary,thawed,crushed and added necessary ingredients,was wondering if its ok to wait 48 hours to add yeast instead of the usual 24?

So now that all the fun is over (hockey) I get spend a week in the hospital. At least I'm the 1st one on the docket this morning but my God is it early!!!!!!!!

Preparing to crush and press tomorrow. Between Thursday and Friday we will press 35 tons of Niagara. Let the harvest begin. Our plans were to start next Tuesday but after going out in the vinyards and testing yesterday we saw the grapes are calling the shots! Everything is coming about and fast!

Latest posts

Back