What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started looking and doing some research on a pellet stove. Does anyone have any recommendations?
I have a Quadrafire Mount Vernon pellet stove It is a fireplace insert but they make a free standing one also. It burns either corn or wood pellets. I only use pellets and I love it! Great quality and it looks beautiful!

I bottled my 2011 California Cabernet-Merlot today, 24 gallons, half was aged on French oak and the other half on American oak. I think I prefer the French. It seems to have a softer finish. I think this will be great in a year or so.
I really need to build some more wine racks! Mine are all full and I now have 28 cases that I cannot fit onto the racks.

Did some yard work today. Been doing a lot of canning and preserving. I need to move my winemaking area around before harvest. Haven't made any wine this year because I thought we were moving until I lost my job. Now it's back to school for a BIO degree so it looks like we're staying put for two years.
Will check in with you guys more often!

Yard work and playing with the kids earlier. Just made some dough and now am caramelizing some red onions for tonight's pizza.

Did some yard work today. Been doing a lot of canning and preserving. I need to move my winemaking area around before harvest. Haven't made any wine this year because I thought we were moving until I lost my job. Now it's back to school for a BIO degree so it looks like we're staying put for two years.
Will check in with you guys more often!

Dan sorry to hear about the job. You worked hard to get it and that was your dream job.

Did alot of running around today. Went to the store for school supplies and also to costco for house supplies. Came home for a bit then went to Settlers Cabin park so my daughter could play a bit. Ran past staples on the way home from there and picked up a Brother Color Laser Printer so I can print the lables for my nieces wedding. Made dinner now getting ready for a glass of wine, I'm thinking elderberry or a nice cold Margarita.

Well I am gonna try to go to the gym. Its been hard with MD appointments, blood and imaging for my cancer. Now PT gets in the way. My problem with these meds I should not drive. Yea right...

Going to transfer the remaining 2 gallons of Elderberry into jugs this morning after church then probably work on printing some labels for the wedding wine. Need to get confirmation on the wording on the labels first though. Here's what we are thinking of for the 375 ml bottles to be uses as favors. Nothing fancy. I'll change the wine name obviously for the various wines. Her color is purple. I have purple, gold and silver capsules.

label.jpg

Going to do a few odd jobs around the house this morning, then head over to a body shop and get some work done on a never ending 66 Mustang restomod project.

My husband helped me set up an area in our nook. He put shelves together and carried heavy stuff and I organized. Still have to put some sort of covering over the sides but it's better than having things in 3 rooms like I had before.

image-889731874.jpg

Harvested our Brianna yesterday, 450 vines gave us 8000 pounds, all picked delivered the winery

Tom, today I am racking a Guwertztraminer and a California Chardonnay. Then I'm going to start an Amerone. I'm looking forward to all of it....................I do have to clean some bottles.......boo...booo.....booooo. There's good and there is evil.

well hate to say it but seems my spot to get muscadines might be gone not completely sure yet but someone has done a ton of work on the other grapes either way gonna try to find a place for my buds to pick muscadines still got plenty of time the muscadines are going slow it seems

Latest posts

Back