What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out couch shopping this weekend.......our cat decided to violate all three of them. He is now a cellar dweller until we can figure out what to do with him and how to stop the behavior!

Sampled my CC Sterling Merlot (about 3 weeks into bulk aging), the Vino Italiano Cab (7 weeks), and the CC Showcase Old Vine Zin (2.5 months). Sanitized a couple cases of bottles for the OVZ. It gets bottled first thing in the morning. then I can start my Red Mountain Trio. :D

I had to go to one of our jobsites to release the water test and set floor drains after a plumbing inspection. Concrete will be poured on tuesday. I took my bride with me and we stopped at Luva Bella, sampled several of thier fabulous wines and had a nice Mediterranian Pizza and a cheese plate. We arrived early and they gave us a tour of the facility. Nice people!

Picked up another 10 gallons of Cran Pom juice, being that I had some positive results from last night's campfire. My Skeeter pee batches are still percolating, as is my Gewurztraminer and White Shiraz batches...

Bottled my 6 gallons of peach wine and back sweetened my 5 gallons of strawberry. I'll let that sit a few days and give it a try to see how it turned out. I took it to 1.008 which is where we took the 1 gallon we previously sweetened. If all is good, I'll bottle that this week sometime.

Not knowing the proper place to post this, here it is. I made this bottle scraper and hope it helps you. When you get into a rhythm it works real good. It can also be used on a table or sitting on a picnic bench sideways. It's made from 3" pvc pipe, the cradle is one third of the diameter and the stop is the other two thirds diameter. The first one was just straight cuts, but had too many sharp edges. So I angled them and this comes out better. Both size bottles fit, 750 and 1.5 also fit. Please enjoy! I run my pinky finger down the side, I put a little baby powder on to help make it slide better.

IMG_20120729_174440.jpg

Last edited:
That is pretty ingenious!!! Will it work on 12 or 16 oz bottles as well?

7 yards are mowed and I'm wearing half of them!! Lol. Sometimes I think I'm a glutton for punishment for starting my own mowing business as a side job. No free time!! :mad:

Got all the cabinets installed now, just waiting to get a few more bucks for counter tops and the kitchen will be done in the inlaw side. Going fishing tonight for stripers so wish me luck, will be throwing eels for them and plugs.

Thank you TaTud4life, I just went out and tried it on one of my Heineken bottles (12 oz). It works but a little slower. You could use a 2" pvc pipe and a little shorter.

As I sit here working in Bowling Green, Ohio, I realize that after bottling the Cran/Pom wine yesterday that I forgot to clean the carboy and the bottling wand/auto siphon. I hate when my Alzhiemers kicks in. But off to Cleveland tonight and home tomorrow (to clean the carboy, auto siphon and bottling wand).

Latest posts

Back