What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just put in 1 side of the kitchen cabinets after work, This is dream work compared to what Ive been doing for the last 3-4 weeks!!!!

I had 2 job interviews, one yesterday and one today. One of them I won't hear from for a few weeks, the other one I'm hoping to hear from sooner. It would be very nice to have something lined up so that I can start a week or two after the lay offs from my current job!

Aside from the job interviews this week, I have been trying to salvage the 2 couches that our cat decided to use instead of his litterbox. I don't think I'll ever get the smell out! We've shampooed, used Nature's Miracle, now onto Simple Solution (hoping the third is the charm). It kind of stinks to think about having to buy new couches when having to face being laid off in 6 weeks. Needless to say our cat is now a cellar dweller until we can figure out how to get him to use the litterbox! It all stemmed from a UTI he had a few weeks ago. The UTI is cleared up, but he now refuses to use the litterbox. (except when he's locked down in the basement) :-(

tryin for bottles

I'm going to try to cut out early tomorrow and go to the Bottle place to see if I can fit 20 cases of bottles in the company car.

This batch was for me and 5 cases for my old boss. I told him I would be over again to pick up the same amount. He said he welcomes our business.

I'm going to try to cut out early tomorrow and go to the Bottle place to see if I can fit 20 cases of bottles in the company car.

I didn't think you were quite ready for them just yet. If you want to wait until next week I can probably pick up for you. Between the back seat and trunk if stacked you should be ok.

I'm bottling some fantastic strawberry wine then putting together a 6 gallon batch of black cherry/pomegranate wine after that pitting and removing the skins on 70lbs of peaches for the next batch! :p

Better to get them while I have the time, space and money. If I don't get to them, I'll let you know. I need to get your wife a bottle of my Cran Pom wine for her (and your) opinion.

I didn't think you were quite ready for them just yet. If you want to wait until next week I can probably pick up for you. Between the back seat and trunk if stacked you should be ok.

Cutting up peaches. A friend gave me 12 pounds of california peaches which were very ripe. Today, I bought about 27 pounds of South Carolina Peaches for about 60 cents a pound. I have plenty for my first peach wine. I would like it to be about as sweet as Moscato. Anyone know what the sg range would be?

Cutting up peaches. A friend gave me 12 pounds of california peaches which were very ripe. Today, I bought about 27 pounds of South Carolina Peaches for about 60 cents a pound. I have plenty for my first peach wine. I would like it to be about as sweet as Moscato. Anyone know what the sg range would be?

not sure of any exact range, but my recommendation would be to get a brand of moscato that you enjoy, pour a sample and take a gravity reading....

Right now I'm enjoying a glass of NC Bronze Muscadine (thanks Eddie). Tonight is our annual Roatary Club Rib Fest so I'll be attending that tonight. Feeling quite nice out so I may end the night with another glass of wine and the swimming pool.

Earlier I stopped and picked up a pound of medium toast french oak cubes so I can oak the remaining 10 gallons of my Noble Muscadine. Id I fiigure correctly this should be a year old when we head to NC to pick more grapes for next year.

Last edited:
Just picked up 3 cases of bottles at my LHBS for $10 ea and an auto siphon to make bottling a bit easier. Looking forward to bottling some more wine this weekend

Just mixed up all the ingredients for another 6 gallon batch of Skeeter Pee. 12 lbs of sugar, 64 oz of lemon, tannin. Will add yeast and nutrient tonight or tomorrow morning.

Having Ham and Scalloped Potatoes for dinner so since the oven was going to be on me and my 5 y/o are making blueberry muffins and brownies now.

Replacing an iPhone screen. Them screws are so tiny, I think drinks will wait till its up and running.

IF the rain holds off, heading to a campfire tonight. It will be a good chance for my to test the new Cran/Pom, Dragon Blood Skeeter Pee, and Black and Blueberry. Stopped and got some label blanks today at Staples.

Back