What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cleaning clear bottles for my Rhubarb. Should be ready to bottle it in a week or two. Hope to take a ride and hit some wineries this afternoon.

must be new to the craft. you can't slack or you can't drink :b

yes learning from my mistakes. I actually treated myself to a 12pk of widmer bros drop top amber ale. first store bought brew i've had in about 6 months

Just waved good-bye to my first attempt at wine as it disappeared down the drain. :( BUT...my 2nd attempt, using the info I gained here, is looking classic! :r

Today I pitched the yeast into 6 gallons of Strawberry must, scaped labels,now I am sitting on my *** Starting SG 1.09, sweetened with Brown sugar and honey, dont ask how much, I didn't measure. Added I will add sugar at 1.06 cause I will be back sweetening. It is Girl wine and I dont want it to weak ,O ya used 25 pounds of berries

Last edited:
Today I pitched the yeast into 6 gallons of Strawberry must, scaped labels,now I am sitting on my *** Starting SG 1.09, sweetened with Brown sugar and honey, dont ask how much, I didn't measure. Added I will add sugar at 1.06 cause I will be back sweetening. It is Girl wine and I dont want it to weak ,O ya used 25 pounds of berries

You're obsessed with girl-wine today Mike.. something you want to tell us?

:p

Allie

I've got both breadmakers going with wholemeal rosemary bread for dinner tonight. Currently making potato, leek and bacon soup to go with the bread..

crying now ( just cut up three large onions)

:(

Allie

Which wine did you dump and why?
:ot:
This was supposed to be plum wine. You know, purple, clear, etc.?
attachment.php

In my ignorance, I followed this "recipe":
1 pound fruit
1 pound sugar
1 oz yeast
(All x4)
Pasteurize fruit and sugar, add yeast.

What I ended up with was 4 gallons of yeast sorbet. Dumping it was merciful.

Last edited:
Depends on what kind of plums you use and if you let them pulp ferment. Did you ferment on the skins?

we all dump wine sometime..

Plum isn't the easiest wine for a first wine..

I made molasses/treacle wine once..

massive/ unsalveagable/ stinky..eggysmelling horrible stuff I ever made..

apparently adding energiser would have saved it..

( I'm not convinced)

Allie
:bt

The rest of today...

NOW what am I doing?
Wondering why I shot a 100 grain deer with a 180 grain bullet. :gb

hey darl,

if you can't send me your extra venison. And you should ..I have freezerspace.

don't damn well shoot perfectly good meat on the hoof.. I will growl at you...

Allie..

You're obsessed with girl-wine today Mike.. something you want to tell us?

:p

Allie
Because I am making wine that my daughter in law and her friends like and drink. They are all early 20's(girls) I thought last strawberry I made sucked but they all loved it . I also make Riesling for her and her friends, so GIRL WINE. Are you telling me NZ girls dont like fruity sweet wine cooler kinda wine?BTW you aren't a girl(see definition above):db:tz...:p

Because I am making wine that my daughter in law and her friends like and drink. They are all early 20's(girls) I thought last strawberry I made sucked but they all loved it . I also make Riesling for her and her friends, so GIRL WINE. Are you telling me NZ girls dont like fruity sweet wine cooler kinda wine?BTW you aren't a girl(see definition above):db:tz...:p

see definition?

grins..
you're a US bloke..

What do you know about NZ women?

for the record..I don't drink chardonnay/riesling or sav blanc..unless I was unfortunate enough to get it as a gift.

and my daughters have better taste..

Allie...

:bt

Latest posts

Back