What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I promised my girl friend to take her for a candle light dinner.Then we will go for along drive.

Today I am picking up my fresh Italian juice
6 gal Amarone
6 gal Valpolicello
6 gal Dolcetto
6 gal Nebbiolo
6 gal Frascati
6 gal Verdicchio

Today I am going to get off work and go home and clean my canning kitchen & disinfect so I can start 2 new wine batches. After a plumbing mishap it looks like the aftermath of "the Goonies" when they're banging on the pipes... ahhh, the joys of home ownership...

Tomorrow morning I am hopefully picking up supplies for a white cranberry, chardonnay, & maybe an undecided red wine (and I am gonna try to sneak another carboy in the order too ::)

The beer kit & my peach will have to wait until I get a few more carboys since I've been commissioned by family to make wine for a wedding. Luckily, they're helping to pick up the tab! :D

What R you doing today?
Today I bottled my Chilean Syrah and Chilean Cab/Franc. Total was a full 5 cases.
Also getting room for my 36 gallons of Italian juice comming in this weekend.
Here's whats left..

6 gal Apricot
6 gal Apple-Pear-Passion Fruit
6 gal Italian juice Brunello
6 gal Italian juice Amarone
12 gal Chilean juice Red Zin
12 gal Chilean juice Malbec
6 gal Pineapple
12 gal Peach
10 gal Bananna
6 gal Pear
6 gal CA juice Cab Sauvignon
6 gal CA juice Pinot Noir
6 gal CA juice Chianti
6 gal Ca juice Riesling
6 gal Ca juice Viognier
6 gal Carrot
6 gal Blackberry
starting this weekend ..
6 gal Italian juice Amarone
6 gal Italian juice Nebbiolo
6 gal Italian juice Dolcetto
6 gal Italian juice Valpolicello
6 gal Italian juice Frascati
6 gal Italian juice Verdicchio

Tom - I didn't add all of this up, but a quick glance looks like you've exceeded your federal limit! ::

Gee. I might hit my max. Any one hit their max? (not counting our vineyard owners) hehehe

I did 3 years ago when I went crazy with red wines so that I could get some aged. I actually went a little over so hope the wine police arent around and reading this! I highly dought Ill ever be near there again though.

How much can u make a year legally..? I was told 400 gal for 2 house hold adults......lol. I should probably check with my state laws...uh?::

Well,

I bought some new wine glasses today. Since this is Thanksgiving weekend in Canada I will use them with our turkey dinner.

Now I just have to decide which wine to Christen them with.

Doing some grape pressing of Sangiovese and Zin. Sweetening some other fruit wines.

Well, I think if the government can allow companies to sell their unused carbon credits,
We should be able to by wine credits! :)
Since I could be one of a very few here in our small town making homemade wine,
I should be able to buy at least another 1000 gals of wine credits! :h

A THOUSAND gallons? You would be exhausted bottling them !

Never did get around to sweetening the other wines but I did mow and deleaf the whole yard and then rake all the freakin hickory nuts that blanketed the whole front yard and Im not exaggerating! 2 years ago I filled my full size pick up bed right to the top and heeped in the middle twice and we got a bumper crop this year but no truck so Ive been wheel barreling them into the back. 3rd time doing it so far this fall and the trees still have another full load to come down. Man I wish i had the money to cut these 2 monster trees down!:m

made the rosehip syrup for winter use... sadly it was bitter..well more bitter than expected.

I made a 3 gallon wine using 3 litres of rosehip syrup.. plus honey and lemon syrup..No extra water.. SG was 1.9.

made it in May,

racked it today.. it's very medium style wine.

no bitterness apparent at all.

I'm guessing the wine is between 8 and 9 per cent.

table white.. and drinkable this december.. summer for me.

Allie

Just got finished re-building the e-mail server at work. It just happened to blow up...on a Sunday...at the start of my vacation week.

:c

Started a Vintners Harvest Peach wine since i never was able to get fresh peaches this year due to funds. 6 gallons with 2 cans. Ive had very good results with most of their other products. I also have 2 cans of Blackberry standing by and 2 cans of Blueberry waiting and 15 lbs of Goldenrod honey due any day now which i want to make a straight mead but it may end up as a melomel, only time will tell. Im pretty much out of 6 gallon carboys now so the others will have to wait so maybe the honey will go staright with a 5 gallon batch as I still have a few of those. 1 of them will be needed for the Cab/Merlot blend I have in primary which will need to be pressed next week. Good lord what have I done here!!!!!

Latest posts

Back