What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The health bug bit me in the rear. But hey, that's partly why I got back inti wine making :D. But a fresh start is always geed eh? Hope your weekend is great!

Im back! Ive been on the shelf aging for a while, like my wine. Last year was a busy year for me. I have a not so new daughter Aubrie (9 months old). On the up side my blueberry/pom aged for a year and turned out amazing! The peach finally cleared and tastes wonderful. My apple is still aging. Im ready to start some new batches. Unfortunetly i missed the wine makers convention right down the street from me this week, of course i was sick!

Im back! Ive been on the shelf aging for a while, like my wine. Last year was a busy year for me. I have a not so new daughter Aubrie (9 months old). On the up side my blueberry/pom aged for a year and turned out amazing! The peach finally cleared and tastes wonderful. My apple is still aging. Im ready to start some new batches. Unfortunetly i missed the wine makers convention right down the street from me this week, of course i was sick!

Welcome back, you have some major catching up to do, I would suggest you start another blue/pom right away, that stuff just does not last long.

OK, one thing I don't like about the android app, I can't are where people are from. Slyguy, if you're near Youngstown Oh on the 31st. You're required to be a L'uva Bella for a get together

So first rotation back flying and I find myself in Oakland CA and have nothing to do tomorrow...Hmmmm. so I'm on my evening jog think to myself, a Harley trip to Sonoma county would be fun! So, anyone want to guess what's 3 doors down from my hotel? Yup a Harley dealership :D. So barring any last minute flights comming up, I'm touring Sonoma...any suggestions?

So first rotation back flying and I find myself in Oakland CA and have nothing to do tomorrow...Hmmmm. so I'm on my evening jog think to myself, a Harley trip to Sonoma county would be fun! So, anyone want to guess what's 3 doors down from my hotel? Yup a Harley dealership :D. So barring any last minute flights comming up, I'm touring Sonoma...any suggestions?

That sounds fantastic! My husband and I were out there years ago, and I just kept thinking about how wonderful it would be to just ride around the vineyards on a bike! Go for it! :) We went to several wineries. One of which was Red Truck (which was fun and beautiful) as well as Valley of the Moon (also beautiful). We went to a few small very small wineries as well, but I can't remember the names of them. Have fun!

BOOOO That's no good!!! Glad u got ur wings back! Have fun on that ride!
this girl has never been on a bike

The health bug bit me in the rear. But hey, that's partly why I got back inti wine making :D. But a fresh start is always geed eh? Hope your weekend is great!

Trying to figure out this new phone! Just got my new Samsung Skyrocket and man is it fast!

Dumped 23 bottles of Red Plum I bottled last summer into a carboy. Not happy with it as it's high in acid. I added one pound of sugar to take it from 1.01 to 1.02. Next I pulled two carboys out of the freezer (seyval and Marquis) and immediately racked off of the sediment and tartrates. Tomorrow I hope to come up with a decent blend using part of those two along with the Plum and also a red raspberry. The good news is I'll be bottling back into bottles that are all ready labeled.

Leaving for Florida next week so I filtered a Pinot Noir and racked my Blackberry Merlot and Chardonnay.

I wanna go to the Philly Flower show today, but my friends plans changed unexpectedly, wich means she can't go with me. UGH! I think since I got child care already worked out I will go alone, but not nearly as fun!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!!!! :)

I have had a pretty exciting weekend..........

Just bought a new-to-me car yesterday! It's a 2011 Ford Escape (decided to trade in my old car after some pricey repairs) with 18,000 miles on it, so it is practically new at a great price. :cw

My in-laws are coming over today to finish up installation of my new utility sink :db:db:db

Then afterwards I'm going to borrow their taste buds for a little while to help me backsweeten some of my fruit wines from last summer so that I can bottle them in time for Easter.

Gonna' be a beautiful day today. I think I'll go out and do a little yard work.

Leaving for Florida next week so I filtered a Pinot Noir and racked my Blackberry Merlot and Chardonnay.

Was that the Pinot Noir from Luva Bella fall juices? I sampled some of mine last week and it's great.

I back sweetened my Niagra and Concord from Presque Isle winery this morning. I took the Concord to 1.008 and the Niagra to 1.007 for now. Bot taste pretty good at this early age. I wanted to start low knowing I could always increase sugar. I still have 1.5 liters of the Niagra and 3 liters of the Concord not sweetened at all if I need to adjust downward based on bosses sugestions. I'll probably take the 3 liters and blend it with my catawba. We experimented with the blend when we were back sweetening the Catawba and it was pretty good.

Lovely day at the flower show, got me 8 new violets and 1 mini rose and 2 pair earrings :) SOOOOOO Happy with my haul... just wish i had someone elses credit card so I could have bought more LMAO!

Been tearing out the particle board flooring in the mobile home we live in. Putting down plywood and laminate, have about three hours left. This is really hard on a 73 year old. Then I get to paint the living room, dining room and kitchen. The fish are getting a break now, but they best beware next week. Loren:b

Was that the Pinot Noir from Luva Bella fall juices? I sampled some of mine last week and it's great.

I back sweetened my Niagra and Concord from Presque Isle winery this morning. I took the Concord to 1.008 and the Niagra to 1.007 for now. Bot taste pretty good at this early age. I wanted to start low knowing I could always increase sugar. I still have 1.5 liters of the Niagra and 3 liters of the Concord not sweetened at all if I need to adjust downward based on bosses sugestions. I'll probably take the 3 liters and blend it with my catawba. We experimented with the blend when we were back sweetening the Catawba and it was pretty good.

Yes, Doug, it was a bucket from L'uva Bella I got last fall. I put 3 ounces of medium toast French oak cubes in it for about 6 weeks. I may bottle it tomorrow. I think it's going to be pretty good. We'll see!!

I've been working on coming up with some blend combinations today with plum, crabapple, red raspberry along with a bunch of grape wines. I think I have some combos worked out and will start blending this wee with hopes of bottling over the weekend.

I checked out one blend I did a few weeks ago (crabapple/chardonnay) and POW what a bad bouquet. I took 4 100ml samples in glasses and performed a copper test. Sure enoung I had H2S and 2 drops of copper sulfate fixed it. Now I just need to figure the amount I need to add to a five gallon carboy.

Latest posts

Back