What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He actually did start a thread a while back after talking about it in the chat room, a few people replied.....but I haven't heard much since! Cheese is fun.......I love playing with the curds! It smells really good too, nothing like nibbling on a few warm cheese curds. :)

roflmao, well you have one up on me, I haven't tried nibbling on any warm cheese curds but you do have my interest on that. Well hopefully we can get that thread to be more active thru the winter.

Today wasnt even overtime for me due to the Holiday on Thursday as Friday starts ou new week and thats most likely why they had us come in today!!! :m

Today wasnt even overtime for me due to the Holiday on Thursday as Friday starts ou new week and thats most likely why they had us come in today!!! :m

Wade that totally sucks and again Corporate America is all about the CEO's and not about their employees who are the ones who keep the company going.

I had a great day with forum member, Shoebiedoo. We did a road trip to L'Uva Bella and snagged some of the last few buckets. I got 3 Brunello and 2 Verdicchio and Steve got a Barolo, a Brunello and a Soave Classico. They had some very good pricing on carboys and Steve grabbed 2 sixes and a five and I picked up a 15 g Demijohn. Had some great food and beat a path back to Columbus. Fun road trip.

Last edited:
BTW, if any are wondering......the Liquid Rennet worked far better for me than the tablets!!!! I'll never go back to the tablets again! :)

Well me and my brother are done making deer sausage so I took him back home this morning when I got home I went down and got my wild plums out of the freezer and got them washed off they are thrawing out now this going to be my next project getting all my frozen fruit that is in the freezer out and turned them into wine

well trying to figure out which wine would go good with mixed soup beans(pinto & great northern) and cornbread

oh seasoned with a good chunk of good pork

well trying to figure out which wine would go good with mixed soup beans(pinto & great northern) and cornbread

oh seasoned with a good chunk of good pork

Sounds like the start of a good soup. This is what I'd do... I'd take start by boiling the beans in a small pot.

In a large pot, with a bit of oil at the bottom, heat to medium. Throw some salt and pepper on the pork chunk. Place it into the hot oil. If you like heat, now would be the time to throw something hot into the oil, part of a fresh chili or a tbsp of your fav hot sauce.

Don't forget about the beans. When they are done, remove from heat. We will add them with the veggies.

Fry that pork roast on all sides, at least 2 mins per side to get a nice browning. Then add some hot water, maybe a 2-3 pints, depending on the size of your pot. Lower temp on stove, and simmer covered for 90 mins or so.

Take some vegetables... I like carrots, celery, and onion in my soup. You should also add the beans at this time. I would likely add some fresh garlic as well if I had it. If you have some chicken stock, that would be a good addition at this time. Any fresh herbs you may have growing, or whatever spices you normally use will now make this soup yours.

Top up the water to a level that makes a good consistency, and simmer for another 90 mins or so. You will have a beautiful soup to go with the cornbread.

:n

Last edited:
oh beans are done they've cooked all day I like to make soup beans when I cook them they cook all day not in a slowcooker either. I like mine where next day they are so thick you gotta cut them outta the bowl thats when they're really good

I had a great day with forum member, Shoebiedoo. We did a road trip to L'Uva Bella and snagged some of the last few buckets. I got 3 Brunello and 2 Verdicchio and Steve got a Barolo, a Brunello and a Soave Classico. They had some very good pricing on carboys and Steve grabbed 2 sixes and a five and I picked up a 15 g Demijohn. Had some great food and beat a path back to Columbus. Fun road trip.

It's fun to do something on the spur of the moment like that!!! I've got a lot of wine now, that's for sure. :dg
All you PA members will be required to meet there for a lunch/juice extravaganza next march!!!!!!! :r

It's fun to do something on the spur of the moment like that!!! I've got a lot of wine now, that's for sure. :dg
All you PA members will be required to meet there for a lunch/juice extravaganza next march!!!!!!! :r

I"m for that!

Getting ready to bottle some Wheat beer and start my next batch of wine.... You got to love fall it gets you in the mood to brew. I have got a lot of wine now too, but for some reason I want to make more.

Count me "in". :b

Turkey leftovers put away and homemade ice cream maker washed up for next time. Just my parents and 2 daughters today... small crowd... big bird! We love leftovers!
Had a glass of cherry melomel while waiting for the ice cream to finish.

Debbie

Latest posts

Back