What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure wish I had some peach right not as I have about 20 bottles of strawberry I hate. Maybe it's like the red plum and needs a few years to come around.

Sure wish I had some peach right not as I have about 20 bottles of strawberry I hate. Maybe it's like the red plum and needs a few years to come around.

Well you know what - the strawberry that i made - tasted good - but there was something about adding the peach to it that really made the strawberry come alive.

Go and get about 6-8 pounds of peaches and make a gallon to blend with your bottles..

Walkers sells Peach so I'll wait till fall. I was thinking more like 6 gallons peach to one gallon of strawberry. Did you try this?

I did this with Niagara and Cayuga. Made one batch 5:1 and the next one just the opposite at 1:5. They both turned out excellent.

Walkers sells Peach so I'll wait till fall. I was thinking more like 6 gallons peach to one gallon of strawberry. Did you try this?

I did this with Niagara and Cayuga. Made one batch 5:1 and the next one just the opposite at 1:5. They both turned out excellent.

No - I didn't blend the other way. Try and let us know how it turns out..

I really enjoyed the Strawberry I made last year and this year's batch is tasting pretty good as well so far for being very young. I need to rack in about 2-3 weeks then I'll re-check acid and have the wife approve the sweetness. I have it at 1.004sg now and the initial sg reading was .60% (I believe off the top of my head). I know it was at the lower end of the recommended range since I knew I could adjust later on. I may have to go get some peaches. Aldi has them for $.99 per pound. Could start a small batch.

You should try the cylindrical beets... sort of like a fat carrot. They grow so much faster and easier to slice. They take less time to cook as well. They never get "woody" on me either. I make pickled beets and just freeze them. They taste great in the winter.

Debbie

Nope... never saw a recipe for THAT!! Beet wine, yes... twice... never again. I'll wait another 4 yrs and test what I have bottled!

Debbie

Fermenting everything in sight!
8 gallons of Blueberries, 41 pounds of berries. (F-pack set aside)
10 gallons of Blackberries, 50 pounds of berries. (will have to pick more for F-pack)
Tomorrow is picking Elderberries. Hope is for 6 gallons @ 35-40 pounds.

It gets my husband in the inner thighs... he said his legs aren't meant to go straight out! He's only ridden with me once and never will again!! LOL

Debbie

Went horseback riding with a buddy today. OH THAT ACHING HORSE!!!

Fixed it! Just kidding :hug

Today was my Masonic Lodge picnic then we went to a Greek Festival close to us. There was lots and lots of wine sampling going on at the festival. :h

Volunteered at a farm market today for a fund raiser for the cancer foundation. Of course I donated wine for the auction. The market was donating $1.00 for every "pick your own" blueberry purchase. By 5pm they had sold over 700 qts.

Fixed it! Just kidding :hug

Today was my Masonic Lodge picnic then we went to a Greek Festival close to us. There was lots and lots of wine sampling going on at the festival. :h

After a 3 hour ride, I'm sure he was aching as much as me.

It gets my husband in the inner thighs... he said his legs aren't meant to go straight out! He's only ridden with me once and never will again!! LOL

Debbie

Inner thighs, knees, butt, back---you name it, I can feel it. I only get to ride once or twice a year so I never get a chance to get in "shape". Not that I ever would.

After a 3 hour ride, I'm sure he was aching as much as me.

My mom always had horses so I grew up riding them. Sometimes I miss horse riding however now I do enjoy my iron horse a lot better.

Latest posts

Back