What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This weekend I’m taking down shade sail and putting away loose light weight objects before the hurricane arrives Tuesday night. then if I have time I’m going to backsweeten the passion fruit batch.

hopefully we don’t lose power or I might have to make some big batches of thawed from frozen fruit wines
Good luck!

My sister and both her sons live in St Augustine, so we always watch the adverse weather.

Got my 2nd shingles shot last night.

My plan for today:
1) I am going to get lots done around the house as well as rack the toasted caramel and maybe start a batch of skeeter pee, or
2) I will be laying around feeling sorry for myself because I feel awful but am happy I got the 2nd shot.

We shall see. So far, just a sore arm like after the first shot so plan #1 is still looking likely.

Good luck! My 2nd shingles vax knocked me flat on my back in bed for 24 hours running a 101 fever......

My plan for today:
1) I am going to get lots done around the house as well as rack the toasted caramel and maybe start a batch of skeeter pee, or
2) I will be laying around feeling sorry for myself because I feel awful but am happy I got the 2nd shot.

We shall see. So far, just a sore arm like after the first shot so plan #1 is still looking likely.

My son gave me a hand getting rid of the old grill this morning. It's not that heavy (as such things go) but far too bulky to safely move on my own.

It looks pretty good from a distance, but the damage done by time and usage isfar more severe than I realized. We pulled it apart to reduce weight, and discovered just how eroded it is. It turns out that replacing it now instead of the spring was a good idea. Praise for that goes to Mrs WM81!

grill 3.jpg

Yes, I have gotten all of my best grill purchases in the fall. Nice work!
Thanks! It was 20% off -- still not cheap, but the last one survived 12 years, and we have hopes this one will do well.

Grilled burgers for lunch after getting back from the recycling center. The new one is hotter, so I need to re-learn how to grill using it. Which is fine with me!

Yes, I have gotten all of my best grill purchases in the fall. Nice work!

Hmmmm.... maybe I should look around for a kamado grill this year.... 🤔

If you don't have one you really should. I don't have as much time to cook as some of you but I really enjoy it. Even the smokes that don't turn out as well as I would have liked are still very good.

Thanks! It was 20% off -- still not cheap, but the last one survived 12 years, and we have hopes this one will do well.

Grilled burgers for lunch after getting back from the recycling center. The new one is hotter, so I need to re-learn how to grill using it. Which is fine with me!

How nice for you. New grill. Burgers.

I'm cleaning the cellar. Buying three new Brutes. Pulling clean empties out of storage for bottling on Monday. Making blocks for barrel dollies. Burning Sulphur.

Hamburgers. Probably drinking wine, too.

My plan for today:

Haha. I had a terrible reaction to #1. Fever, muscle aches, could not sleep. But after 24 hours of this it was like nothing happened. I was expecting the same with #2. But had almost no reaction other than low energy for about 12 hours. So there's hope!

I hate Total Wine. Those dirty rotten Sobs put in a new store about 2 miles from my house. That's going to cost me a bundle.
The coupons are great! In the last year I've been choosing a theme, e.g., Rhone. I search the site for Winery Direct wines under a certain price for a given region, and sort by customer reviews. I note the top 4 or 5 contenders, weeding out those with too few reviews. If I can't find qualified help in the store, I use my list -- been spot on so far.

Talk about crying with a loaf of bread under your arm. Try living in Pennsylvania where the state controls the inventory.

The good news is you can have any color you want as long as it's black.

This weekend I’m taking down shade sail and putting away loose light weight objects before the hurricane arrives Tuesday night. then if I have time I’m going to backsweeten the passion fruit batch.

hopefully we don’t lose power or I might have to make some big batches of thawed from frozen fruit wines
I hope you fared well. Family on the east coast got a good whoopin, but no irreparable damage. Still waiting on power to come back, but pretty sure they have generator back up for the essentials.

I hope you fared well. Family on the east coast got a good whoopin, but no irreparable damage. Still waiting on power to come back, but pretty sure they have generator back up for the essentials.
No Vinny. I don’t live in an igloo 😂 I’m in Florida. We wrestle alligators. Ian expected to hit Tuesday Wednesday.

No Vinny. I don’t live in an igloo 😂 I’m in Florida. We wrestle alligators. Ian expected to hit Tuesday Wednesday.
OK then... I admit I wasn't paying attention to the days, or when it was posted. Us Canadians just can't help but be polite. I saw an opportunity to say something nice and I was overwhelmed with the need to.

I hope that you fare well when it hits. I can't imagine those palm frond roofs of yours hold up to the wind well.

Back