What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same thing happened to my wife about the weeks ago. Thankfully, it was a very short sickness for her, about three days and she was back to normal. I hope you have the same results.
My cough never really got worse today, so I think I'm heading up. Wifey had to drive into work to get the "official' test, she just found out it's positive (duh). She slept most of the day but is coming to life. Just tested youngest daughter, she gets allergy symptoms like I do. Negative for her, she'll have to try harder, lol.

We are all vaxxed and boosted, except for kids (not boosted yet, but they are healthy young adults). So I think that helped in this case, especially for an old curmudgeon like me!

Edit: almost forgot. Walked down to get the mail earlier since I sat for about 7 hours straight working. Neighbor looked at me and asked why we were both at home. I said we had a touch of the covid. She said "I want that version of it". We really aren't that sick at all. I've had worse colds.

, feel good, a bit of a stuffy nose, and occasional cough and a sneeze or two.
Don't like the symptoms Craig. I have been coughing a month, stuffy and negative on the home test and a Walgreens two day test. , , , 56% of long covid are supposed to report a cough! I wonder and wonder on accuracy. , , , , The wife is retired starting today AND we are scheduled for a romantic Danube cruise in two weeks with a few extra days exploring lake Balaton wineries, , , , AND all this hinges on negative covid tests.

Don't like the symptoms Craig. I have been coughing a month, stuffy and negative on the home test and a Walgreens two day test. , , , 56% of long covid are supposed to report a cough! I wonder and wonder on accuracy. , , , , The wife is retired starting today AND we are scheduled for a romantic Danube cruise in two weeks with a few extra days exploring lake Balaton wineries, , , , AND all this hinges on negative covid tests.

Oh, good luck! Fingers crossed for the cruise.

Well, I take lisinopril for BP and it produces a cough in most people. Also have allergies.

The Siemens tests we just got from the gov't website seem pretty good so far. My wife and I tested positive, she backed hers up with a test from work so she could get the covid pay. Both kids who have tested so far are negative. Any way you can pay for an "early" lab test?

BTW, congrats on your wife's retirement! Also congrats you are both retired and want to go on a romantic cruise!

Keeps ya young! Right? 🤨
At this moment my lower back does not feel all that young, and it's telling so in a rather strident voice! 😆

On the plus side, only the living feel pain or discomfort, so I'm not going to complain too loudly, as I can still shovel 4 yards of mulch. Plus Mrs. WM81 was VERY pleased when she came home, and making her smile is one of the perks of my life. :)

She promised to hurt me later, AKA perform therapeutic massage. The difference between therapeutic and recreational massage is that recreational feels good while you're doing it, while therapeutic feels good after the sadistic therapist stops! 🙃

All jokes aside, therapeutic massage is a good thing!

Time for some pulled pork. 1 pork shoulder(split) and 3 packages of country style ribs.
We really like the smoke flavor, so we use smaller pieces. Mix everything in and simmer on the stove
so it blends together. Missing in picture is the spice to bring in a little bite to it. And of course the beer
that someone was drinking as it was hard work. :D
1656006679739.jpeg1656006717947.jpeg1656006759382.jpeg

Ya know how when young, ya look at older people who are living in a house that is 30 years out of fashion, and swear that will never be you?

If you're under 40, I have bad news ... it WILL be you, should you be fortunate to live long enough. I looked in the mirror recently and realized it was me. 🤣

We have been "modernizing" the house for a few years. Today was the over-mirror light in the guest bath. We originally had a 3 bulb wood-faced bar light installed, and you can see the shape in the picture. Taking it off the wall was easy, and I was pleased that the electrician installed a box. [Some of what this guy did is scary, so when I open anything up, I have low expectations.]

Five minute installation, right? Nope. The box was oddly shaped and put in crooked, so I can to cut and file the baseplate to make a hole where there wasn't one -- it took an hour, but in the end it worked! Mrs. WM81 (my faithful go-fer) is highly pleased.

light.jpg

The light is installed, but we have some drywall patching to do, and Mrs WM81 will paint. Painting is her thing -- I offer feedback on colors, then get out of her way!

Originally we had the builder paint both bathrooms white, and we sponge painted the guest with grey and pink, and the master with grey and light blue. It was nice seeing them again. Current color is brown (hard to tell because of the light) and the new color is grey.

My son & I removed the old counter, and installed the new one. Disconnecting the plumbing was the hard part, as the original plumber used some type of putty on the joints, not Teflon tape. Fortunately, my son has helped me do things since he was old enough to hand me tools, so I had help in inventing new swear words. ;)

Watched a YouTube video on removing counters -- cut the caulk and pry gently. It worked!

We need to seal the counter, let it and caulk used to cement things in place, then plumb it. It looks like the drain lines up like the old one did, so I'll be able to re-use all parts. We'll find out what I get the drain in place.

Then we have some drywall patching -- none of the new fixtures line up with the old ones, so I have to punch out the old drywall anchors, patch, and install new ones.

counter.jpg

I finally got back to the timber frame. I cut 45 large timbers by the end of March and only three since then! I had hoped to raise the building in June but between the vineyard, lawn, garden, and commitments out of which I cannot weasel, there just isn’t time. I’m shooting for September now.
EAB0BB81-E39E-45FD-8995-8103F083F9D9.jpeg

My son & I removed the old counter, and installed the new one. Disconnecting the plumbing was the hard part, as the original plumber used some type of putty on the joints, not Teflon tape. Fortunately, my son has helped me do things since he was old enough to hand me tools, so I had help in inventing new swear words. ;)

Watched a YouTube video on removing counters -- cut the caulk and pry gently. It worked!

We need to seal the counter, let it and caulk used to cement things in place, then plumb it. It looks like the drain lines up like the old one did, so I'll be able to re-use all parts. We'll find out what I get the drain in place.

Then we have some drywall patching -- none of the new fixtures line up with the old ones, so I have to punch out the old drywall anchors, patch, and install new ones.

View attachment 90199
That's gonna look good. nice choice in counter!

Latest posts

Back