What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the 2019 Zin/Petite Sirah out of the 40L barrel after a 6 month soak and put the Touriga Nacional in. Both tasting nice right now, but the Zin is really nice.

Now, getting ready to make a few pizzas and watch the Nats vs the Yankees. Sadly, Juan Soto won't be there, as he just tested positive for COVID. But we've got Dr. Fauci throwing out the first pitch.

Our local post office usually delivers amazon packages later in the day. Got my package with a new cable modem and router, plus an ethernet adapter around noontime. I'm using the adapter on my laptop and I am hard wired into my DSL modem/router. Getting much better speed than using the wifi. Come Monday after Comcast drops off my install kit I will be seeing speeds 20+ times faster.

Need to run the ethernet from the modem to the router upstairs in the meantime. Nice warm day here, so I guess I'll have to twist my arm to head to the cool and dry of the basement.

7-25-20_internet-project.jpg

Well, I think the new internet connection is working okay. This is from my laptop sitting in the garage using WiFi with 4 other devices currently connected (at least). My old dual core phenom hardwired topped out at 350+ Mbps. I think I can effectively surf this forum now...

7-27-20_laptop.jpg

I equate the revelation today comparable to getting our first color TV when I was a kid, what a difference!

Well, I think the new internet connection is working okay. This is from my laptop sitting in the garage using WiFi with 4 other devices currently connected (at least). My old dual core phenom hardwired topped out at 350+ Mbps. I think I can effectively surf this forum now...

View attachment 64020

I equate the revelation today comparable to getting our first color TV when I was a kid, what a difference!
Wow, I get 24 mbps

Wow, I get 24 mbps
I was getting 12 Mbps yesterday off my Verizon DSL (that's supposed to be 25). Verizon is visiting today to try and figure out why my line gets noise after a rain. I hope they bring their own water, LOL.

I feel your pain. This morning I've been hooked to work for an hour via the new connection and my VPN hasn't dropped once, that's a first!

View attachment 64020

And the NBC peacock was the first thing you saw in color.

I just finished rebuilding a wind chime for the deck. Replaced everything except the Copper Tubes, originally a 3/4" x 8' length from home depot. Cut a new wood top then found a round flat rock that I drilled through for the clapper. I fabricated and inserted a double ended eyelet to attach the chain to support it and to attach the sail chain below it. I drew the Fish and had it cut from steel years ago as a decoration and it ended up working perfectly as the sail. We'll see how it handles the wind this afternoon.

Chimes.jpgchimesClapper.jpg

Back