What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife and I also ventured out into the world to shop yesterday (Sunday). Initial plan was to get to Costco about 30 minutes ahead of opening, get a few things there and then supplement by stopping at a grocery store. The line at Cost stretched almost the entire length of the building we sat in the car for a few minutes then decided to abandon that idea and go straight to the store. We have a choice of at least four different brands Dierbergs and Schnucks (two local chains, Dierbergs being the pricier of the two) and then Aldi and WalMart, with both stupid (sorry Super) Centers and Neighborhood Markets. We picked the Neighborhood market. Likewise, it was probably a bit less crowded than a normal Sunday morning, the shelves were mostly stocked, no bagged potatoes, little pre-shredded cheese, Mac-N-Cheese nearly empty, of course little paper products, but we have plenty of those. Folks were mostly accepting and friendly, upbeat is a great word. The workers were sweeping, cleaning, and spritzing the shelves, plenty of checkers. All in all, not a horrible shopping experience in Missouri.

Bout to head to work, day 1 of our “Stay at Home” world. They say its a suggestion, but I’m suspecting that we’ll see enforcement, though I’m exempt. I sent most of my office home to work from there yesterday, but some of us need to be at the office. We’re ”Essential” to the “Critical Infrastructure”, and currently have 9 projects in / at hospitals, and 3 assisted / managed care facilities. Should be another new and interesting day. Stay safe and smart folks, it’s pretty bad here in LA, we probably got a big bump from Mardi Gras.

CactusLandscapeCropped3.jpg
Since I have oodles of time on my hands and it's a good 6 hours till happy hour I'm practicing painting skys and bluffs. Might as well take advantage of the local scenery and see if I can get good at some type of landscape painting. I spent about three days on this one and just finished yesterday afternoon.
Mike

Thunderstorms rolling through this morning. Got some bottles soaking. Plan to clean and delabel 3-ish cases this morning. I stumbled on an Alton Brown 'Quarantine Kitchen' video on YouTube. Didn't watch the whole thing, but it was pretty funny. Just him and his wife cooking dinner. It was her birthday and he tried to open a bottle of bubbly with the old 'scabbard' method. It didn't go well. :D

Watched this last night. Pretty good flick. Enjoyed the storyline, the real life struggles and the ending. Good quarantine watch for sure.

This looks like it might be worth a watch during quarantine. Combines BBQ and a love of wine. Just dropped today on Netflix.

Latest posts

Back