What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Racking, racking, racking...

I thiefed a few ounces of 2018's during my racking chores...
My Zin seems a bit "hot" (alcohol)
My Cab is coming along nicely
My Pinot Blanc is a bit dry; going to think about back sweetening
My Chard is beautiful in color and taste
My 2019 Malbec got some oak
Pretty happy where things sit right now.

Sadly watching my Son's flight back to Eglin on flightaware...he's just passing into North Carolina. Boy those two weeks went fast! Looking forward to the next time he visits, hopefully around the holidays this winter.

Been turning some wood and acrylic blanks for a craft show June 22 . going to try and cut my hay field (a.k.a. known as a lawn) in the mornining
Stop the water works please.

Bill

After 52 long years and me being a hard core fan for about 48 of those years. Still weeping like a baby that The St. Louis Blues won the Stanley Cup. What a great and hard fought series. To be the first team in any sport to go from the last place team after the first quarter of the season to the best. Wow.

After 52 long years and me being a hard core fan for about 48 of those years. Still weeping like a baby that The St. Louis Blues won the Stanley Cup. What a great and hard fought series. To be the first team in any sport to go from the last place team after the first quarter of the season to the best. Wow.
Congrats from a flyers fan. they earned it!

Hope you guys had a good visit and got him filled up on home cooking to hold him over till the Holidays

Sadly watching my Son's flight back to Eglin on flightaware...he's just passing into North Carolina. Boy those two weeks went fast! Looking forward to the next time he visits, hopefully around the holidays this winter.

My brother worked for Spec's in TX for about 15 years. Although he was in the gourmet foods division of their business he told me once that Spec's had many wines that were basically their own private label wines. They had very nice sales incentives on these wines of course and it was not unusual for a good salesman to make an additional $300 a week in sales commissions pushing those wines to unsuspecting customers.

As an aside, a TotalWine insider once told me that the shelf tags are coded by color. Should you ask a question, you will always be steered to the beige tags as these wines are the ones they make the most money on. Perhaps the same bulk-bottled ones?

Nice day.

Heading out to the buffalo rifle long range match. Practice day.

350-800 yds, iron sights, black powder and cast bullets. Shooting an 1874 Sharps single shot rifle.

Out on the prairie in a MT cow pasture enjoying a nice day and good friends.

Nice day.

350-800 yds, iron sights, black powder and cast bullets. Shooting an 1874 Sharps single shot rifle.

I wish my eyes were good enough to see the bulls eye at 800 yards. When I had my cataracts fixed, I had them set me up for long range. It's hard because now I can't see the rifle sights as well.

Upgrading the home theater experience in the den. Out with the 10 year old 58" Panasonic Plasma (heat source) and in with a shiny new 65" Samsung 4K QLED. Also swapping out the old Yamaha AV receiver and upgrading to a new 4K one with Dolby Atmos. The Plasma still has an amazing picture but it puts out just too much heat and uses 5X the electrons the LCD will use. Fine in the Winter as it kept the den nice and toasty but in the Summer it was unbearable after being on for an hour or two. The Plasma is going to a good home in a "cabin" high up in the rockies north of Denver. Its heat will be welcome pretty much year round in its new home.

Old 58" Plasma: 150lbs
New 65" QLED: 74lbs

Last edited:
Nice day.

This is the range. 2 targets at the base of the far ridge. Match starts tomorrow.

The targets at the base of the ridge, left upper part of photo. Those are at 600 yards. If you can expand the photo you will see black targets with white dots painted in the center.

The black diamond, closer, on the left side is not a target for this match

IMG_20190614_100012668.jpg

Last edited:
My parents have some family in town staying with them and are taking them to a winery this afternoon. The fam and I are going to meet them over there. Gorgeous weather here the last day or two. Today's high is going to be 83 and low humidity. Yesterday only hit 77 - it was fantastic.

Had to put my wine making buddy down today she’s been there for every bottle of wine I’ve made for years. She will be greatly missed.

RIP Abby

Back