What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Defeated the sloth and actually bottled a batch of wine. A WS SE Vieux Chateau Du Roi that I started on 6/14/2016 according to my notes. Used some RC-212 and 3 lbs of used Pinot Noir skins. Got 30 x 750ml of bottles plus some for my decanter, which I will try later this evening. I think beer will pair up better with ribs than the wine, so the wine will be dessert.

Well, that was a good long nap that kit had!

Okay, I'll bite. What is that cork-ball decanter thingamijiggy? It looks rather 1970s-ish, like soap-on-a-rope!

Well, that was a good long nap that kit had!

Okay, I'll bite. What is that cork-ball decanter thingamijiggy? It looks rather 1970s-ish, like soap-on-a-rope!
A decanter from Pier One, I think. Circa 1985 if I remember correctly. The base is pyrex and very easy to clean if you leave wine residue to dry overnight. I know this from previous experience.

The wine is quite good for a red wine from a kit. Still a bit of kit taste but not as noticeable as other kits I've made. I plan on opening a bottle once it's settled down for a few weeks. Should go with about any food since it has such a light body to it.

Are you retiring (which isn't fair, you are younger than I am) or do you have something else lined up? I'm seeing the dancing banana, so I'm assuming you wanted to do it, not forced to do it.

No retiring, something else lined up.

Today is my first full day as a grandfather. The twins (girl and a boy) were born yesterday around 8:00. 35 weeks to the day and 6 lbs each.
Congratulations. Being a grandparent is just about the best thing in the world. Spoil them kids, sugar them up, teach them bad habits, then send them home. My wife says it is our reward for not killing our children when they were teenagers and knew everything.

Back