What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I expect it to be gone within a few months (my wife's friends favorite, or is that wife's friend's favorite. Paul help me with my Anguish (aka English)).

The latter. Or, you could reduce your anguish by saying "the favorite wine of my wife's friend." :b

The latter. Or, you could reduce your anguish by saying "the favorite wine of my wife's friend." :b
I knew you'd come through! Thank you for reducing my anguish with my English usage. You can tell I didn't graduate from Central High like my Dad did. Some rubbed off but it's only a surface polish, the inside is very rough and unpolished (and very scary).

I knew you'd come through! Thank you for reducing my anguish with my English usage. You can tell I didn't graduate from Central High like my Dad did. Some rubbed off but it's only a surface polish, the inside is very rough and unpolished (and very scary).

I disagree -- you do very well, my friend!

Paul, I've got some swamp land, I mean real estate in Florida if you are interested...

I am sticking by my story! :b

There is more than one element to writing well. Sure, there is punctiliousness and exactitude, but perhaps more important are wit and creativity. Just sayin'. :)

Is it really 60F tonight in Pittsburgh PA @ceeaton ? Watching SNF and for a minute I thought it was being played in SOCAL!
I'm 4 hours due East of Pittsburgh. It can be 60 here and snowing there... or 60 there and snowing here. I was "watching" it on the Yahoo Fantasy football app, so I never saw what the weather looked like. I would think SoCal would be in the low 70's this time of year, but then I've never been there (only as far west as Las Vegas, and it snowed during our visit once upon a December).

Is it really 60F tonight in Pittsburgh PA @ceeaton ? Watching SNF and for a minute I thought it was being played in SOCAL!

Not to take away from Craig's post, but it has been generally pretty warm here in the East for the last 24-36 hours. Cooling down as we 'speak'.

Not to take away from Craig's post, but it has been generally pretty warm here in the East for the last 24-36 hours. Cooling down as we 'speak'.
You could never take away anything from any of my posts (nothing good at least), any addition would be adding to it! Did you look at the next 10 day forecast? No rain. When I see it, I'll believe it!

Proof that I can get something done during the week (just don't show my employer this post, or they'll expect great things from me). Waiting for the water to boil so I can shrink the capsules and tuck the bottles away in a box. This is one of the last wines my wife requested I bottle before the holidays so she could gift them all away. It's a Raspberry Peach Sangria, half of the f-pack was added during the primary ferment, the other half, unfortunately, was discarded (for an unknown reason). Had to raise the final gravity to 1.005 with sugar and other fruit additives. Made up a few 375 ml bottles for my wife. One is already gone tonight, so I think it must taste okay.

12-4-18_sangria.jpg

Just finished topping up and sulfiting all of my barrels, been two months since the last time. Really planning on this being the final time, all but the 30 gallon barrel are ready to be racked out, adjusted, and bottled. The wines in the 6 gallon barrels are pushing 9 months in there. I think procrastinating is paying off.

Latest posts

Back