What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lot's of people here getting grapes and crushing today. many good wines to come. Mine are bulk aging finishing different stages of MLF.

So what's this lucky devil doing today? Up on my third floor roof fixing leaks and then putting a fresh silver sealer coat on.

But I did take a few photos while up there.

Looking north:

View attachment 51263

Looking West:

View attachment 51264

Deck:

View attachment 51265
I like the deck, reminds me of my old apartment in the 80's/early 90's...how many plants can I fit without it collapsing and me being able to move around and water them.

That would be it.
Do you really have enough room to bring them inside in the winter? That was always the issue I had. I ended up devoting a room to a desk, and two large Ikea wooden shelving structures with grow lights. All my neighbors thought I was growing ganja, but it wasn't me, it was my neighbor downstairs that did that. I could smell it right before he harvested it (long story but he rigged a room off his closet that came up through the wall between my two closets and hung some really large lights (halide in nature), always wondered why my appartment was so warm (and then cold once he moved out)). Building owner asked what he was doing and I played dumb (and laughed hysterically later that evening).

Do you really have enough room to bring them inside in the winter? That was always the issue I had. I ended up devoting a room to a desk, and two large Ikea wooden shelving structures with grow lights. All my neighbors thought I was growing ganja, but it wasn't me, it was my neighbor downstairs that did that. I could smell it right before he harvested it (long story but he rigged a room off his closet that came up through the wall between my two closets and hung some really large lights (halide in nature), always wondered why my appartment was so warm (and then cold once he moved out)). Building owner asked what he was doing and I played dumb (and laughed hysterically later that evening).

Each year it's harder, there are many plants that are fine outside over winter, but the boston ferns, black cala lillies, etc, need to come in but they keep on expanding to more pots. Many shelves, hooks, etc for the plants some suffered last year do to lack of light, probably should get some type of plant lighting.

Also you mentioned watering in another post, I put in a Raindrip irrigation system for containers this year, not only has it saved an immense amount of time it's also cut my summertime water bill in half. $75 investment has saved about $125 so far since may.

The smell will always give the gonja away.

We (well just my wife really), did this earlier this morning.

View attachment 51292

Everyone doing well. This is kid #3.
After watching my wife having four, I've asked and been told that we men have something to do with it. I've heard rumors that it happened like nine months before the birth event. Congratulations, I tip my beer to you and your wife, hoping that everything from this point forward turns out well and that you figure out how it happened and can stem the tide if you don't necessarily want to see #4 pop out (though I'll admit, I wouldn't trade any of my four for anything in the world, even free beer or wine for life).

Today, I picked up 13 gallons of Pinot Gris from Walker's Juice in the Lake Erie area of NY. This was a group buy of the Wisconsin Vintner's Assoc, so we got many varieties (all white) trucked down to us today. I pitched QA23, and crossed my fingers. Also racked my H3 Syrah from 2017 vintage, and am drinking the dregs!

Congratulations to the both of you!

Thanks all.
This labour was horrible. Baby was not in right position, never seen anyone in so much pain. First two kids were a breeze in comparison.

We will endeavour to make sure this is our last one (again, becuseb we thought that was taken care of 7 years ago).

Using my new found powers of "I got no place else to be" to wear down the SiriusXM CSR in Bangalore, India from $20 a month to only $5 a month...... :db

Winning! LOL

More like I am retired now and won't be commuting or driving that vehicle much anymore.

It goes from $240 to $110 to $90 then 6 months for $30. Sold!

More like I am retired now and won't be commuting or driving that vehicle much anymore.

How Mike spent yesterday:

DnS9JakWsAA3juh.jpg

Just finished racking my first homegrown, homemade Baco Noir. Only had 3 pounds of grapes from this first year's harvest of a 3 year old vine.

Attachments

• IMG_0931.JPG
    IMG_0931.JPG
    798.8 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Back