What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On Golden lake, Ontario.
A week of water skiing, quadding, BBQ, and beer :)
My 7 and 9 year old both drove a quad on their own for the first time in the front yard today. Will go do some trails with them tomorrow.
Have 18 of us here for the week.
We can't have open fires this week due to a fire ban but making up for it.

7 mile run this morning. While it was a relatively cool 72 degrees, the humidity was 99%. Brutal!

Our deck is about done being 'rehabbed'. While that's been going on, I decided my ~9 year old Weber Performer deserves a makeover. Got a new work table and new wheels for it, so I might put them on today. Pics to come later, of course. I also need to bottle the Blanc de Noir LR.

Later on, fishing at the Izaak Walton League w/ the Scouts, followed by a hot dog and marshmallow roast.

7 mile run this morning. While it was a relatively cool 72 degrees, the humidity was 99%. Brutal!

Our deck is about done being 'rehabbed'. While that's been going on, I decided my ~9 year old Weber Performer deserves a makeover. Got a new work table and new wheels for it, so I might put them on today. Pics to come later, of course. I also need to bottle the Blanc de Noir LR.

Later on, fishing at the Izaak Walton League w/ the Scouts, followed by a hot dog and marshmallow roast.

Jim - 7 miles? Wow. Have done that much in ages.

I’m doing P90x. Survived the first week and was not surprised to find I’m in terrible shape. Tomorrow I rest, then go back at it on Monday.

Jim - 7 miles? Wow. Have done that much in ages.

I’m doing P90x. Survived the first week and was not surprised to find I’m in terrible shape. Tomorrow I rest, then go back at it on Monday.

Training to do a half marathon on 9/30. Today was rough, but I still have a good amount of time for training. Sucks getting old though.

Bride and I got up at 2AM, left home at 2:45, got to the airport at 4, flew to Atlanta, connected to St. Lucia, landed here at 2:15 PM. Went through customs, got our luggage, and took a helo to the north end of the island. Checked in to Sandals La Toc and am enjoying champagne on the deck, about to head off to dinner.

h284EF4E7.jpg

Bride and I got up at 2AM, left home at 2:45, got to the airport at 4, flew to Atlanta, connected to St. Lucia, landed here at 2:15 PM. Went through customs, got our luggage, and took a helo to the north end of the island. Checked in to Sandals La Toc and am enjoying champagne on the deck, about to head off to dinner.

John, if you have time try to find Peter the Great if he's still around. It's a land and sea tour and he is excellent. Takes you on a boat ride around the island to the Pirates of the Caribean ship, Dr Dolittle's Beach, past the Pitons then on land to the walk through volcano and the rain forest. There may be more but that's all I remember but there may have been a black sand beach. !WARNING! don't go on the black sand beach barefoot.

Last edited:
FDEEAAA8-DCE8-407E-84E9-FC3370081CE3.jpeg
I can see where I'd be parking my big butt with a few bottomless tropical drinks, surveying the beautiful landscape.

Oooh, and it looks like they even bring your drinks to you...

https://www.sandals.com/regency-la-...usiness&utm_campaign=sandals_regency_latoc_bl

But I'd have to loose weight and buy some really fancy clothes, so that's not happening anytime soon.

No fancy clothes needed, all places are resort casual, except the feature restaurant, La Toc, which only requires dress pants and a collared shirt, you could muster that up, I’m sure of it. Full service place for sure. Here’s the bedroom view, doors shut.

No fancy clothes needed, all places are resort casual, except the feature restaurant, La Toc, which only requires dress pants and a collared shirt, you could muster that up, I’m sure of it. Full service place for sure. Here’s the bedroom view, doors shut.

I couldn't possibly take my wife there, she'd have to be nice to me the rest of my life! She would so love that place (she's a warm weather vacationer, I'd rather go to Canada, fish, drink beer and get eaten alive by bugs).

This morning we are going to pick out tile for the upstairs bathrooms. But the fun begins in the afternoon when will be competing in a Meritage blending competition. We did it last year and didn't have a clue what we were doing. Still don't but it was a lot of fun and drank a lot of wine. A few opinions I've recently read about is don't go too heavy on the Petit Verdot or Malbec and the primary wine should be Cab Sauv and Merlot. Don't know if that's someones opinion or not but it was pretty consistent and Cab Franc was never a do or don't do.

Latest posts

Back