What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am about 50 miles from Walkers so its only an hour drive making it worth while. Today I am rinsing out bottles. We had a wine fest a week ago and I was able to pick up 28 cases of bottles for 2 bucks a case. Rinsing them out today and seperating by color. I will remove labels and clean as I need them. Getting the bottles from this one paticular winery the labels are not real awful to try and remove like some are. :b
Exactly how do you remove the labels?

Missed a turn on what was supposed to be a 6 mile run this morning. Ended up being a 6.5 mile run, plus a 1+ mile walk. Labeled and foiled 4.5 cases of 2016 Zinfandel-based blend. After lunch and a short nap, I did some tidying in the winery and racked 11 gallons of 2018 Carmenere/Petite Verdot blend from Chile. It has been absolutely pouring all afternoon - the sump pump is running and it NEVER runs. Our deck is in the process of being refurbished, so we have a lot of lumber in the back yard. Think I'll go out and build an ark...

What R you doing today?
Today I bottled my Chilean Syrah and Chilean Cab/Franc. Total was a full 5 cases.
Also getting room for my 36 gallons of Italian juice comming in this weekend.
Here's whats left..

6 gal Apricot
6 gal Apple-Pear-Passion Fruit
6 gal Italian juice Brunello
6 gal Italian juice Amarone
12 gal Chilean juice Red Zin
12 gal Chilean juice Malbec
6 gal Pineapple
12 gal Peach
10 gal Bananna
6 gal Pear
6 gal CA juice Cab Sauvignon
6 gal CA juice Pinot Noir
6 gal CA juice Chianti
6 gal Ca juice Riesling
6 gal Ca juice Viognier
6 gal Carrot
6 gal Blackberry
starting this weekend ..
6 gal Italian juice Amarone
6 gal Italian juice Nebbiolo
6 gal Italian juice Dolcetto
6 gal Italian juice Valpolicello
6 gal Italian juice Frascati
6 gal Italian juice Verdicchio
Goodness. I can guess you're having fun. But how do you get through all this lot. I am mpressed by your 'work in progress'. Few could claim to have this level of manufacture

Headed out to watch the minor league Potomac Nationals. After the game: fireworks, then we get to camp in the outfield!! :db

Marking rows for next years planting so that I can start the soil preparation process. I like to be ready come spring and it gives time for any soil amendments to 'equalize' any soil shortcomings. Plus the weeds/grass has to go.

Latest posts

Back