What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have All Star tickets for the Futures Game, Home Run Derby and the game and want to take our boat to a marina which is less then a block from the stadium and stay 2 nights.

That will be a killer 'mini vacation'. Did you get your seats for the Derby?

Know anyone trying to sell HR Derby tix at a steep discount? :D

Helping my dear wife aka assistant wine maker aka first mate on our boat. She fell on steps at our sons house last night and broke her leg! In ER Last nite and today the orthopedic doc. Good news is she only needs a cast and should be ok to go on our trip to UK AND SCOTLAND this fall. Thank God.

Oh no! Speedy recovery, Mrs Jal5!

That will be a killer 'mini vacation'. Did you get your seats for the Derby?

Know anyone trying to sell HR Derby tix at a steep discount? :D

We have the whole package. Our seats are in the outfield the second section from the left field foul pole . Should see some action. Steep discount!!!! LOL. Just checked our section 105 are now starting at $751.00.

Note to self...if you want to go to bed at 9 pm, don't re-hook up your WD passport drive with 15K+ songs on it at 8:30 pm and expect to get to bed on time. Especially if you are drinking a beer and have one more in the fridge.

Listening to Led Zeppelin BBC sessions, recorded in 1969 and 1971.

Note to self...if you want to go to bed at 9 pm, don't re-hook up your WD passport drive with 15K+ songs on it at 8:30 pm and expect to get to bed on time. Especially if you are drinking a beer and have one more in the fridge.

Listening to Led Zeppelin BBC sessions, recorded in 1969 and 1971.

Well darn 15K+ songs beer in hand an another in the fridge what else would one do? Ramble On had to be in there if it was 69-71.

Well darn 15K+ songs beer in hand an another in the fridge what else would one do? Ramble On had to be in there if it was 69-71.
Yup, Ramble On was in the mix. The one more beer in the fridge got me to bed before 10:15, so I'm fine this morning. I do take a chance though since there is a rather large supply of dry red wine within 10 feet of me @ 62*F. That occasionally leads to a much later bed time.

We have some visitors from Paraguay staying with us this week, so I took them to Toronto yesterday. We went to Ripleys Aquarium, CN tower, and the Royal Ontario Museum.

CN Tower photos are from observation deck, over 1100ft up. We didn't go to Skypod this trip, it's another 300 ft higher.
Their kids loved it, never been to anything like that.
Today my Wife took them to MarineLand, which is like a Seaworld. They are having tons of fun there too, and no lines (it's been boycotted a lot recently which has drastically reduced attendance). Their kids have never been on rollercoasters or similar before.
20180710_095803.jpg 20180710_100138.jpg 20180710_115128.jpg 20180710_113924.jpg 20180710_113623.jpg

Went to the Home Run Derby and the All Star Game. Both events were great but more so was the entire experience. I can't think of any team that wasn't represented by someone. There were groups of 3 and 4 in which all of them represented different teams. Several people represented different teams with their jerseys and hats. We were in left field for the derby and 2 balls were really close but not close enough. I was surprised how many young kids were there considering the cost of the tickets until I saw how many activities they had for them. Definately way more then they had for the adults. Would do it again in a heart beat.

Disld some fishing but couldn’t land any. Did some other errands and am now prepping dinner nothing fancy! My
Better half still recuperating from broken leg
Butvwe did talk about fall juice bucket order! I think I am hooked on buckets now.

Back