What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Planning our small summer vacation. Busch Gardens and Colonial Williamsburg VA. Around here it’s sorta like a right of passage to take a trip there.
I remember as a kid being bored out of my skull in Williamsburg while my dad was loving it. Bringing it full circle! And looking forward.
Not going extravagant since most of our funds are being used for home renovations. But still nice to get away for a few days.

Planning our small summer vacation. Busch Gardens and Colonial Williamsburg VA. Around here it’s sorta like a right of passage to take a trip there.
I remember as a kid being bored out of my skull in Williamsburg while my dad was loving it. Bringing it full circle! And looking forward.
Not going extravagant since most of our funds are being used for home renovations. But still nice to get away for a few days.

We've been pass holders at Busch Gardens for around 6 years now, I think. Go down there a lot. At 2.5 hours, its pretty doable for a day trip, and we do a few overnights as well - plenty of good hotel options. If you haven't already and will spend more than a day at the park, look into the Fun Pass. They're around $100 and include access for the whole summer to both Busch Gardens and Water Country.

After buying a bunch of stuff and packing the car tonight (opening the cabin this weekend with my brothers), started "rooting" around in the basement, much like a pig in the mush, and found two bottles of my wife's favorite wine. Batch #13, OB Cranberry craze. Little bit of sediment showing, but curious to see how they've held up (normally should be drunk within a year, these are approaching three years (in June)). Now that the fish tank is being torn down, I have a nice size wall in the basement to possibly build some wine shelves and hopefully inventory my wine which is now sitting sideways on the basement floor (@ 58.6*F). Maybe I should just keep it there...aging by deception.

Still surprised this ended without incident. A pinpoint drop needed and leaning opposite way. Originally I thought “piece of cake”. It took actually attempting it to fully the respect the process. Felt damn good afterwards. And the grinder was a beast. Making quick work of about 7 large stumps.
Couldnt directly upload the video here.

IMG_1467.jpgIMG_1469.jpg

Whipped out the 8 gallon fermenter, can’t even remember the last time I used it, to make a kit wine. Bro-in-law just finished Med school and got his first gig at a facility in Austin, so he and wifey’s sister will be moving in 5 weeks. Tuesday night she tells me this and asks if I can make a zin blush for her sister as a going away gift. She’ll be making the labels with some crazy photo....whatever.
So I hopped on LP, ordered the WE Selection White Zin kit, presto, here on Friday. Mixed her up, added 1/2 the fpack and a pound of sugar to 1.090, sprinkled some 1118, and we’re off to the races. Not much time on this one, so I’ll be using the fining additives, degassing with the vacuum pump, and probably some filtering to provide the polish normally obtained by aging. Should be able to get it done with no trouble.

Are they moving from LA to TX? If so that would be considered moving to a drier climate believe it not. LOL
Austin is a neat town, fantastic night life, restaurants, BBQ (Frankin's) but its experiencing severe growing pains (has been for years now).

Lets just call that White Zin a "Rose' " LOL

Are they moving from LA to TX? If so that would be considered moving to a drier climate believe it not. LOL
Austin is a neat town, fantastic night life, restaurants, BBQ (Frankin's) but its experiencing severe growing pains (has been for years now).

Lets just call that White Zin a "Rose' " LOL

Yep, from Lafayette to Austin, definitely a drier climate, and a new world for two coon-asses and a couple cases of rose’! Austin is a cool town, been there a couple of times on business and liked it a lot. Sure we’ll visit them while they’re there......

Thought this was vulgar the first time I heard it while working in Texas. While listening to some music in a club one night, this girl yells out between songs, “We want some Coon-Ass music!” Everyone else chimed in with, “Yeah! Coon-Ass music!”
...Only then did I understand.

My wife and I did that trip two yrs ago. It was terrific. In August though the heat will get you! Lots of nice little restaurants along the river too.

573e8e801118fedbc2fd9934fce016152d75c7e6509acab6bbe95ad1175e678a.jpg

What R you doing today?
Today I bottled my Chilean Syrah and Chilean Cab/Franc. Total was a full 5 cases.
Also getting room for my 36 gallons of Italian juice comming in this weekend.
Here's whats left..

6 gal Apricot
6 gal Apple-Pear-Passion Fruit
6 gal Italian juice Brunello
6 gal Italian juice Amarone
12 gal Chilean juice Red Zin
12 gal Chilean juice Malbec
6 gal Pineapple
12 gal Peach
10 gal Bananna
6 gal Pear
6 gal CA juice Cab Sauvignon
6 gal CA juice Pinot Noir
6 gal CA juice Chianti
6 gal Ca juice Riesling
6 gal Ca juice Viognier
6 gal Carrot
6 gal Blackberry
starting this weekend ..
6 gal Italian juice Amarone
6 gal Italian juice Nebbiolo
6 gal Italian juice Dolcetto
6 gal Italian juice Valpolicello
6 gal Italian juice Frascati
6 gal Italian juice Verdicchio
We bottled our blueberry wine last night after putting in the vine rite filter. Back sweetened to about
Filtered our peach but ran out of corks. Gotta go get some more.

Latest posts

Back