What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd add some derogatory remarks about your weather (verses ours), but you deserve something nice after a surgery like that. Sounds like it worked out well, I'll raise my glass of Stout and hope that your recovery continues to be a smooth and pain free (as much as it can be) one!

I'd add some derogatory remarks about your weather (verses ours), but you deserve something nice after a surgery like that. Sounds like it worked out well, I'll raise my glass of Stout and hope that your recovery continues to be a smooth and pain free (as much as it can be) one!
Much appreciated, and it hasn’t really been too bad, two days following were a little rough, but manageable. Starting to feel like myself again.

Well, with the snow I'm going to have a slow day at work. Going to check all my sulfite levels and adjust if necessary. I have what I think is a problem with my Zins and really wanted to do a sterile filter but my pads were supposed to come in today USPS so I doubt that will happen. I have about 5 cases of commercial bottles with the labels removed and just need to clean the glue off so I may wash, sanitize, sort and box them. Who said snow days can't be fun.

Well, with the snow I'm going to have a slow day at work. Going to check all my sulfite levels and adjust if necessary. I have what I think is a problem with my Zins and really wanted to do a sterile filter but my pads were supposed to come in today USPS so I doubt that will happen. I have about 5 cases of commercial bottles with the labels removed and just need to clean the glue off so I may wash, sanitize, sort and box them. Who said snow days can't be fun.
I wish I was at home and not working, I'm getting thirsty. No problems getting here but if this keeps up it will be a challenge to get home, especially in a Corolla. At least my tires are decently new...

Just sitting out by the pool enjoying a glass and a beautiful 60F evening after several straight days of rain, with an ice pack on my knee. Two weeks today since the knee op, torn meniscus repair, and general clean up. Did about a week on crutches, few days on one crutch, full blown two legged hobbling this past weekend. The year of knee pain seems a distant memory now, just managing a little swelling at the end of the days.

Planning some soil amendments and tilling for the garden on Saturday, planting the Spring garden in the afternoon, and a day of satisfying catchup in the wine room Sunday, tasting, topping and sulfiting barrels, maybe a little bottling if I’m up to it......

In the meantime, I'm looking at 4 or 5 inches of snow and counting...

Snow was delayed. Meant minimal icy roads and NO traffic. Gotta enjoy the little things. Already done and back home as this storm is gaining legs.
Just pulled the trigger and ordered this faucet to go along with the sink I landed from a restaurant equipment auction.
IMG_0884.jpg
Not sure why but I’ve been more particular about my sink area than any other. Maybe it’s because I haven’t had water access in my wine areas to date!Overcompensating.

1AF81815-5EFA-45D8-8769-1F68206BF5C8.jpeg

I've been watching the procession of snow storms up there, just crazy!! Three weeks ago, we had highs in the upper 80's and low 90's for nearly a week, followed by lows in the 30's for a few days, back into the upper 80's last week, lots of rain through the weekend, and back to Spring weather yesterday.

The mighty Mississippi is nearly topping its banks down here in NO, and we've opened the spillway into Lake Pontchartrain. Below is a photo of the hunting camp on my property in Mississipi, near Vicksburg. The dry land that all of the equipment and builidings are located on is seven feet above all of the adjacent land. The river is forecast to drop about 10 feet in the next week, another 10 in the following two weeks, can't even get to the property right now without a boat..............

. The river is forecast to drop about 10 feet in the next week, another 10 in the following two weeks, can't even get to the property right now without a boat..............

Not a bad time to have a bum knee then. And watching those water levels decrease on tv from your Laz-E-Boy!

Snow was delayed. Meant minimal icy roads and NO traffic. Gotta enjoy the little things. Already done and back home as this storm is gaining legs.
Just pulled the trigger and ordered this faucet to go along with the sink I landed from a restaurant equipment auction.
View attachment 47504
Not sure why but I’ve been more particular about my sink area than any other. Maybe it’s because I haven’t had water access in my wine areas to date!Overcompensating.

I think a sink is really important. Especially the right sink.

The mighty Mississippi is nearly topping its banks down here in NO, and we've opened the spillway into Lake Pontchartrain...

This just triggered me to play an old favorite song of mine ‘The Battle of New Orleans’. The Johnny cash version. Off an old album called America. Songs and stories from the old west. So nerdy but I always like it.

We've had 4 or 5 inches up here since I got to work. Had 6 inches last night (measured near the house so might have been 7) before I went to bed. Wouldn't be astounded if we end up between 14-18" at home. Pretty amazing how much of a difference 23 miles make, only supposed to get 8 - 10" up here were I'm working.

Please tell me the '110' isn't what you paid. If it was, I'd be on the lookout for the cops to show up at your house. :D

I’ve been all over these online auctions for the last month. Not sure of your exact location, but there’s pickups in Manheim,PA, Harrisburg PA, and Berkeley Springs WV in an around NOVA.
I thought I had one for peanuts a few times. But found out the last hour of the auction is when all the action happens. I ended up getting this one for $225 plus a fee and pickup in Trenton. Not a great deal, but a good deal.
I’m still keeping my eye for different SS items too.
http://www.restaurantauctioncompany.com/ <—Harrisburg
https://www.pciauctions.com/ <—-multiple locations

Now that lent is officially over, it is time to give everything a racking, bottle out the 2016 barrel reserve (225l) and to "barrel-up" the 2017 reserve.

I get to work in the winery again! WAAAHHHHOOOOOO!

I was going to give you a congrats yesterday but wanted to wait just in case you screwed up last night. So, Congrats!

Taxes, argh!

I've been avoiding them for quite some time (as in weeks, not years). I have four kids I can still claim this year, so I do get some cash back, I just hate sitting down and actually doing them. I'd rather mix up the sangria kit that just arrived yesterday than use my brain. Maybe if I drink enough I can make them "fun" to do!

Latest posts

Back