What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We pressed the muscadines that Doug and Bill brought me, I ended up with 9 gallons of Carlos/Bronse, 6 gallons of Red and 9 gallons of Noble. And all three have a very good color to them and smell great!!!!!!

We enjoyed another trip to Luva Bella's and picked up 10 buckets of Italian juices, 2 Cabernet Sauvignon, 2 Chianti, 2 Amarone, 2 Brunello and 2 Nebbiolo. We had lunch at the winery and enjoyed a bottle of their Petite Syrah Reserve 2012. A very pleasant way to spend a cold rainy Saturday. I needed a nap after carrying those buckets to the basement! I swear I am going to hook up a transfer pump for the next time i buy juice!

Pressed 15 gallons each of Carlos and Bronze Muscadine. They were at 1.030 and 1.040 respectively. Cellar is right around 55 degrees. This will be a long ferment to dry..

Pressed 15 gallons each of Carlos and Bronze Muscadine. They were at 1.030 and 1.040 respectively. Cellar is right around 55 degrees. This will be a long ferment to dry..

My cellar is running about 60 degrees and all mine fermented to 1.010 and 1.020. I need to bottle tomorrow to free up some carboys for the muscadine.

Working on our outdoor kitchen. It's been pretty slow, but mr engineer didnt really have a plan. Good thing he has a supervisor. Me. Tomorrow we put on the metal roof. That should be fun.
84cc9000ea9b158a8905b378aacc52ea.jpg

Worked then came home and checked my muscadine carboy. Almost dry. Started my dragons blood this evening. Pitching yeast early am tomorrow.

Had a nice visit with ffemt128 today when he came up north to pick up some fresh juice from the local wineries. This morning I bottled 25 gallons of Pair wine.

Dan, it is always a pleasure visiting with you. Your home lab is an envy to many professional wineries. You may want to count your dogs..... I think Andrea may have tried to sneak one home...

thanks again for the crab Apple. It is resting comfortably in a carboy waiting for sugar...

Last edited:
Had our first frost this morning.

I'm loading the truck for another trip to the new house.
This trip will include some more furniture, the wife's plants and my coffee roaster.
I hope to also get a wine making area setup in the new house this week.
(no basement)
Next weeks trip I hope to be able to move some wine making stuff.
At some point I'll have to dig up my grape vines and transplant them as well.

Day 3 of Operation Restore Sanity, but I am still pissed about not being able to work with ffemt on pressing the muscadine. I will raise a glass of Southern Red Muscadine in his honor for breakfast, lunch and 3 for dinner. See you on Sunday Doug....

Latest posts

Back