What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the concealed carry crowd.......If you are going to arm yourself, please take the time to become proficient with your firearm.

Oh and my EDC of choice:
CDP.jpg

Last edited:
I've been considering my options for a cc firearm. Not sure what I want to pick up next.
You name it I've probably carried it.

If you want info on holsters or certain handguns hit me up, I like to talk guns!:sm

Politics and wine don't mix here in the south. I'm for more wine and less politics. I'm a CC permit holder in TN. It's my right to do so.

Now I got some watermelon going and it's pink as pepto Is that normal?

I carry a Ruger LCP .380. I chose it because of the weight and the fact that you can't tell I have it in my pocket. I also am a permit carrier in TN. Allen, where in TN are you? I'm in Church Hill. Northeast, TN

I bottled my lemon lime pee, racked my blackberry peach pee and sangria kit, and started a batch of pee using the slurry from my sangria kit. My first batch using a slurry. I'm excited to see how it goes.

My husband carries a colt 45 1911, UBB he liked the look of yours. Mine is a S&W 9mm

It really surpises me on how many actually do have permits and carry. LOL, Mike and I with a handful of friends had started a jeep club, we had one couple who wanted to put into the bylaws, that no one was allowed to carry a weapon while on a function. Mike and I were having a problem with this and was tring to figure out a nice way to say this in front of the other 11 people who were part of this. Well, we didn't need to say anything because there were were eight others who carry and had a problem with this.

This is my baby, my daily concealed carry, I installed Crimson Trace Laser grips, spot on accurate out of the box.
UBB, many trips to the range have confirmed...yep...I'm proficient...ain't no one stealing my wine...LOL

colt45.jpg

SWMBO's concealed hammer 38 has those grips. They're awesome. Mine is 9.

Wow! You guys and your guns! :re

When I was growing up, my uncle---who lived next door---owned a gun shop. We always fired guns, almost daily. Guns, guns, guns, all the time. Every kind you could imagine. I guess I got sick of them pretty early in my life. No longer fascinating for me. That being said, I have a loaded 12 gauge next to my bed and my wife has her pistol above the headboard. We will protect our home. Ohio law allows that. But I'm just not going to shoot anyone out in public. Too much of a chance for hurting innocent people, IMO. But to each his own! You guys will have to cover me! :gb

On the winemaking side, I now have five kits to pick from at home, and only three fermenters. I guess I'll be playing "round robin" with the wines for a few weeks, being as I have seven of my ten carboys already full with secondaries and wines clearing, and about four hundred bottles in the garage that need cleaning/delabeling for all those wines. Ugh!

The pistols are for close quarters. My Chicom SKS is to discourage them from getting close to begin with B-)

My husband carries a colt 45 1911, UBB he liked the look of yours. Mine is a S&W 9mm
Thanks, it's a Kimber .45 (in case you didn't already know). I have a full size that sleeps on my nightstand but is to heavy to conceal comfortably.
I also carry a Ruger SR9c (9mm) from time to time. Controls are very similar to my 1911's so it's not an issue with muscle memory.

if any of you folks are looking for a good IWB holster may I recommend the Cross Breed Supertuck. By far the most comfortable I've ever tried and not to bad $$ wise either. Discount to NRA members as well.

I was talking about wine at work yesterday and one of the guys said a lady in his Jeep group makes wine in Saxonburg. Wonder who he was taking about??? Small world....

Stuck in cleveland for the night, but home tomorrow....

Thanks, it's a Kimber .45 (in case you didn't already know). I have a full size that sleeps on my nightstand but is to heavy to conceal comfortably.
I also carry a Ruger SR9c (9mm) from time to time. Controls are very similar to my 1911's so it's not an issue with muscle memory.

if any of you folks are looking for a good IWB holster may I recommend the Cross Breed Supertuck. By far the most comfortable I've ever tried and not to bad $$ wise either. Discount to NRA members as well.
I thought that looked like a Kimber. I've been in love with those ever since I've been getting my American Rifleman magazine. One day I'll be getting myself one of those. For now I settle for my Sigsauer P239 9mm. Made in New Hampshire USA. It is a nice gun to shoot and small enough to carry. I upgraded to some Hogue grips and they are great too. Makes me want to hit the range real soon!

I live in Fayette co. Tn about an hour east of Memphis. When my son was born I got all permitted up. It's my responsibility as his father to protect him from all danger and sadly it requires a handgun to do it.

If I could figure out how I would show u my .45 Taurus. Oh and I'm a big fan of an ak47 got my home defense. Don't want nobody stealing my wine lol.

Well Allen, we have the ends of the state protected at least. Lol. I have a High Point 9mm and a Winchester bolt action 22 rifle that I've had since I was 14. It's an accurate little rifle. I got my permit to protect my family and also I mow for people as a side job and I don't want anyone coming up and taking the money I just busted my butt for while I'm out. The way the economy is going and people losing jobs left and right, you never know what someone will do to provide for their family either.

Ok, back to wine for me, working at the local home brew shop right now, this is one job that I really like!

Latest posts

Back