Quantcast

What R you doing today?

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

mark467s

Junior
Reaction score
Nothing special.Simply I'm planning to go for dinner.And then after it for a long drive.I love doing this.

bryano

Wino in training
Reaction score
watching kids then going to work. would it be ok if i posted the same thing here everyday, because that's what i do..... everyday. someone once said I was paying for my upbringing. well i can't wait until it's their time to pay because i'm writing stuff down as we go and it's gonna be fun :)

St Allie

Tech Administrator
Reaction score
Racking various bulk stored wines.. close to bottling time.. Family dropped off 60 bottles (soaking the labels off in the bath ) yesterday.. So now have enough to bottle the merlot and the cab franc.

keeping an eye on you lot in between!

Allie :p

Racer

Future vineyard owner
Reaction score
I actually got a chance to start another batch of red wine today. Just got done crushing and de-stemming around 80 lbs. of GR-7 and Marechal Foch grapes. The numbers I have from testing say I'll have to add some sugar to the must though. The sugar level is at 21 1/2º brix right now.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Contemplating smoking a big rock of crack coacaine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding but having a real freakin bad day! Im drinking on the hard stuff tonight an sorry if after another hour or so my posts may start to get a little Blurry and hard to understand! :d

smurfe

Reaction score
I am recovering my hearing today. Went to a concert last night and saw AC/DC. It was LOUD and freaking Fantastic! Great seats. I was 3 foot (1st seat) from the center stage catwalk. Here are some crappy iPhone pics.

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

Tom

Reaction score
And were you 3 feet from the SPEAKERS ALSO?? SORRY I HAVE TO YELL I FIGURE YOU CAN'T HEAR ME !! LOL !!!

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Man, they dont look any different! I saw Iron Maiden a little while ago and they still rocked the house as good as when they were younger and I couldnt believe it!

upper

Reaction score
Just shot a buck,can't do liver but heart sandwiches are in order for tommorrow.Cut a little wood also...........................Upper

Old Philosopher

Amateur
Reaction score
Just shot a buck,can't do liver but heart sandwiches are in order for tommorrow.Cut a little wood also...........................Upper
Liver and onions for dinner tonight! Congrats on the buck. This doe is going to be super tender, though. :D One down, and three more tags to fill. Our season runs through the end of November.

Got my wood box filled, too. (Small world)

Started a new batch of plum wine.

St Allie

Tech Administrator
Reaction score
ick @ heart sandwiches.

liver and onions.. steak and kidney pie.. yes

heart/brains/sweetbreads,tongue and tripe?... ick ick ick

( I'm not even going to try pigs trotters.. why would anyone want to eat pigs feet?)

Allie

:s

Old Philosopher

Amateur
Reaction score
Heart sandwiches = yum!
Beef tongue, yes...deer tongue...nope.
Kidney pie? I'd have to have it made by an expert, then decide.
Pigs feet? I don't eat anything a pig's walked on. :D

St Allie

Tech Administrator
Reaction score
Steak and kidney pie made with real suet pastry?.. = heaven on a plate..

winks

Allie

St Allie

Tech Administrator
Reaction score
Steak and kidney pie made with real suet pastry?.. = heaven on a plate..

winks

Allie
deep fried chicken is worse. ( I don't fry anything in my kitchen)

at least with a home made pie you get 3 x steamed /boiled/mashed/baked vegetables on the same plate.

Well you do in my house.

Allie

did I mention?

I always provide dessert.

bryano

Wino in training
Reaction score
waiting.... and waiting
I need to start thinking ahead. Getting batches going before I only have 2 bottles left, like perhaps as I'm bottling.