What other hobbies do you have?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My main hobby is woodworking, followed by maintaining my 10 acre woods, reading, building things. This is a table I just finished for my daughter, the cabin is timber framed beams cut from my white pines and 12’x16’ Still needs a porch, built it for the challenge don’t really have use for it.6A6E7621-FF74-41AF-957C-3042A0E9D2BE.jpegD83FB00E-17E1-419F-9647-8CD87FD09B54.jpeg

Last edited:
When you're making wine, who has time for other hobbies??? Just kidding 😁

I love making my own wine labels...I know it's still wine related but I really enjoy the creative process! My hubby and I love to camp and explore the woods in our Jeep. And finally, we just got a Traeger and since my husband doesn't grill, I've been having a blast learning to use it and trying different recipes.

FB_IMG_1593138935827.jpgFB_IMG_1593138942253.jpg20200625_193908.jpg20200625_194231.jpg

When you're making wine, who has time for other hobbies??? Just kidding 😁

I love making my own wine labels...I know it's still wine related but I really enjoy the creative process! My hubby and I love to camp and explore the woods in our Jeep. And finally, we just got a Traeger and since my husband doesn't grill, I've been having a blast learning to use it and trying different recipes.

View attachment 62873View attachment 62874View attachment 62875View attachment 62876
i'm fixing to download whatever it is so i can do my own labels, a 6up, 6 labels per sheet, very cool and very nice, the saques that bg tree?

i'm fixing to download whatever it is so i can do my own labels, a 6up, 6 labels per sheet, very cool and very nice, the saques that bg tree?

I print 6 labels per sheet for the front label and 8 per sheet for the back. I spend a lot of damn money on ink, probably as much as I do on wine ingredients and supplies 🤣🤣🤣

We live in northeastern Washington State. Lots of beautiful country up here ❤
washington state and maine are they are the only 2 of lower 48 i ain't been in, but i stood at both state lines and through a rock into both states, was younger and thought it was cool. and yep i've seen both from elevation and both are sweet,,,
dawg

but i stood at both state lines and through a rock into both states, was younger and thought it was cool.

That is indeed a cool.... I don't know the right word, accomplishment? Factoid?

I was fortunate to get to all of the lower 48 as a youth. Then Hawaii for honeymoon -- but still waiting to check the Alaska box, unfortunately. Someday...

I'm slowing down as I get older. i used to play a lot of tennis but unfortunately can't now due medical. So apart from my hobby winemaking I am really into Bonsai. before Covid19 I had a wonderful trip around some excellent bonsai nurseries in Singapore - so it is one of those hobbies where you can extend your interests into a holiday activity. beware - it’s addictive and requires more patience than winemaking.

91CA3E88-7AB5-4254-8FC9-03D756971814.jpeg

I love making my own wine labels...
I've seen some of your work! You have quite a talent there, but it must be exhausting posing for all those labels, no? I've often thought of printing my own. We've used the online label services a couple of times because it's so much more enjoyable to gift the wine that way, but it doubles the cost of the wine! At least. What labels do you use? Do you use laserjet or inkjet?

My hobbies are anything computer-related (tinkering, fixing, building), and doing sound (live or studio recording). It is an amazing feeling taking the talents of a group of musicians and singers and sculpting and mixing the sounds and effects into something much more than the sum of its parts. When someone asks me if I play an instrument, I respond with: "Yes, I play the mixer!"

I've seen some of your work! You have quite a talent there, but it must be exhausting posing for all those labels, no? I've often thought of printing my own. We've used the online label services a couple of times because it's so much more enjoyable to gift the wine that way, but it doubles the cost of the wine! At least. What labels do you use? Do you use laserjet or inkjet?
i use ink jet i take all my labels outside spread them out the, n spray them from a spray can clear gloss, clear satin, clear poly, clear varnish, and of them little spray cans at walmart, lumber company,
it keeps label from running and is way cheaper,
Dawg

Quite exhausting 🤣🤣🤣

Even doing labels at home adds more than bit to the cost of winemaking but part of the joy of this hobby for me is having an end product that's pleasing to the eye as well as the palette. I use an Epson inkjet printer because they're DuraBrite ink is waterproof. I print it on a high quality inkjet paper, cut them apart on a paper cutter and use homemade gelatin glue to put them on the bottles. They'll stay on even when submerged in cool water, but slide right off in hot, making recycling bottles super easy. All in all, it's quite a lot of work but I love making my labels almost as much as making the wine.

Quite exhausting 🤣🤣🤣

Even doing labels at home adds more than bit to the cost of winemaking but part of the joy of this hobby for me is having an end product that's pleasing to the eye as well as the palette. I use an Epson inkjet printer because they're DuraBrite ink is waterproof. I print it on a high quality inkjet paper, cut them apart on a paper cutter and use homemade gelatin glue to put them on the bottles. They'll stay on even when submerged in cool water, but slide right off in hot, making recycling bottles super easy. All in all, it's quite a lot of work but I love making my labels almost as much as making the wine.
that is the reason for wine making ain't it pleasing oneself?
Dawg

Latest posts

Back