What numbers is everyone getting for the grapes now?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geek

Still lost.....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems like the brix is coming in much better compared to last year.

I got preliminary reading of 25.x on the Merlot and around 24 on the Cab Sauv.

pH in the 3.5x~3.6x but I'm re-checking this after a soak for a day.
Making a small batch blend of Merlot/Cab/Syrah, all crushed/mixed together.
EDIT: I am now getting a pH reading of ~3.66 on this mix. If it stays around this I'm leaving it alone.

Pitching Andante yeast tomorrow to give it a try for the first time...

My nebbiolo has only 20 bx. The color is so light that you can't tell it's red looking at the must.

Suisun Zin from Lanza picked up today 25.2-ish (maybe as high as 25.4). pH of 3.68. If those hold overnight, I'm not touching it.

I'm showing Brix around 23 and 26 for my grapes. Ph at first test was 3.89? I am going to recalibrate and test tomorrow. TA I get 6gl and 7.2gl again will recheck in the morning.

Suisun Zin from Lanza picked up today 25.2-ish (maybe as high as 25.4). pH of 3.68. If those hold overnight, I'm not touching it.

I'm hoping mine is in the range of yours. Be nice to just Kmeta/Lallzyme/pitch yeasties. Makes for a nicer start to the week. Leaves me more brain power as to what oak I will end up using. Noticed I had a pound of MoreWinemaking.com American oak chips and a pound of American M+ cubes, so I must have thought this through at some point and ordered them.

I think I need to give my debit card to my wife when I pour my first glass of wine or open my first beer of the evening.

Latest posts

Back