Quantcast

What Next?

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

WaWa

Reaction score
Well, I've been away from here for a while and boy have I missed a fair bit by the looks!!! Anyhoo, I've recently bottled a divine grapefruit andd tangelo wine (thanks Allie for the inspiration for that one!), about to finish another 30 bottles of kiwifruit and don't know what to try next???
Wouldn't mind trying feijoa but I'm sure I've got time to get in a batch of something else before the fejoas are 'acquired'
My choc raspberry port was a hit in Westport, got a marrriage proposal from that one LOL! My coffee wine is at last palatable but I don't think I'll go there again!
Any ideas for my next brew??

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
WMT Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
WaWA, welcome back, stick around awhile this time! WOW those wines you made sound really good!

WaWa

Reaction score
Thanks Dan
My Parsnip and Pineapple was interesting as was the Potato and Onion. Ya gotta try these things don't ya!? That's what it's all about I guess

St Allie

Tech Administrator
Reaction score
hehehe and Collette isn't helping you drink it yet? Good to see you back!

apples are in season WaWa.. granny smiths are 79 cents a kilo.. maybe some apple wine or cider?

feijoas are being sold at the side of the road in aucks already.

Allie

Reaction score
Thanks Dan
My Parsnip and Pineapple was interesting as was the Potato and Onion. Ya gotta try these things don't ya!? That's what it's all about I guess
that's what it's all about. we've made raspberry chipotle (a crazy roller coaster of flavors), apple/jalapeno, blackberry merlot (really good stuff), green tomato and 2 different basil wines to name a few.

pineapple wine is good, but i don't know about parsnip.

WaWa

Reaction score
hehehe and Collette isn't helping you drink it yet? Good to see you back!

apples are in season WaWa.. granny smiths are 79 cents a kilo.. maybe some apple wine or cider?

feijoas are being sold at the side of the road in aucks already.

Allie
I've made 2 batches of Apple already and they were really good, and yes Collette and I regularly drink each others' wines!!! I'm looking out for those cheap feijoas!!! Not sure about making cider, do I need special equipment other than regular winemaking stuff?

Last edited:

WaWa

Reaction score
that's what it's all about. we've made raspberry chipotle (a crazy roller coaster of flavors), apple/jalapeno, blackberry merlot (really good stuff), green tomato and 2 different basil wines to name a few.

pineapple wine is good, but i don't know about parsnip.
Hey, what were the basil wines like? I'm intrigued

Reaction score
Hey, what were the basil wines like? I'm intrigued
well, they both taste exactly like basil. it did not change the taste. the aroma is strong and very nice, but the flavor isn't my cup of tea. so to speak. would work great for marinading. we have alot of basil in our garden and figured why not?