What Live Concerts have you seen/tried or cant remember?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Heres a new thread. Some of us might show are age on this one!!!

I seen George Thorogood,, here in Fairbanks, Alaska!! Flippin outrageous....I think!

Seen the Moody Blues in Milwaukee bout 12 yrs ago, outside, beautiful day. Damn some people don't get old. they played with the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra behind em. Can't say enough, it was fantastic.

Seen Robert Palmer the same year in Milwaukee, can't really tell you about that one. I remeber some of it and what I do remeber I wont tell you about!!LOL

Seen Head East(Fairbanks), Greg Khin, and Steppenwolf Right here in Fairbanks!!

But the greatest I ever seen was the Scorpions on their World Tour in Anchorage. Flippin jammin!!! Speakers starting on fire and everything. Found enough tea on the floor on the way out, I didn't buy coffee for weeks. That was excellent.

Had tickets to see Elton John here in Fairbanks last year but just didn't work out.

Sometimes I moonlight at The Blue Loon here in Fairbanks. Got paid to see. Seen Third Eye Blind, outside.(I helped build the stage.) EXCELLENT SHOW, on Solstice, outside.

The year before we had Motisyahu, on solstice, outside. Never in my life would I expect to be ranting about a Jewish rapper, but that was great!!! Really great.

Seen and drank with Clinton Fearon. he's coming up again for new Years Eve at the Loon and you can bet I will be there.

Last edited:
It's been a long time since I went to any concerts. I went to a couple of OzFests, which were cool. I saw Ozzy once back in High School. I really enjoyed Iron Maiden with Anthrax opening. More recently, it's been more blues. I like smaller venues as well... I'm done with arena shows.

I enjoyed seeing Little Milton in an Elks Lodge in North Las Vegas, a year or two before he passed on. I was there with my friend (we were the only white people in the audience), and the MC thanked us as the "gentlemen of color" for coming to the show. :)

My wife and I have tickets to see 'Keb 'Mo shortly (in January, I think).

Gosh I havent been to many concerst for years. I used to hang with bands through the 80s so spent more time with unknown bands than gonig to the concerts!!
I saw Split Enz twice, DD Smash, UB40, Billy Idol, Queen, Golden Horse, The Cats Empire and a few others but its a bit hazy now!

Its my kids who are donig the concert scene now!

Iron Maiden twice, Van Halen, David Lee Roth, Stevie Nicks, Rush, Motley Crue, Stevie Ray Vaughn, David Gilmore, Robert Plant, Jethro Tull, Marshall Tucker, and Queensryche.

Hehehe Coll,

I used to hitchhike into town in a miniskirt to see Dave Dobbyn (DD Smash).. ... loved his blonde curls and talent!

Of course I never admit to hitch hiking, or doing anything underage, to my own teens..

keep it under wraps ok?

Allie

Edgar Winters,Steppenwolfffff.Yes, Aereosmith in rehab in private, Bryan Adams, Led (twice), McCartney,Black Oak Ark,Fleetwood Mac, Heart,Donavon, Rush, Rick Daranger, Jeff Beck, This is hard because there were lots of drugs involved. Journey (3times) Rod Stewart,I give, there are more but I stuck. A bunch of big hair 80's bands but I was real high.

Oh wow, I have been to so many concerts it is hard to list. I was a music major in high school and the first time I went to college and music was my life. Memorable personal music experiance getting to play my trumpet with Doc Servernson and the Tonight Show Band and jamming with Buddy Guy at a blues bar where a few of us got pulled to the stage to jam.

I grew up outside St Louis and there were always concerts. It was also an easy drive to Chicago so we went there all the time as well. I went to high school in the late 70's and arena concerts were big everywhere then. Small bars and clubs had shows as well. Both Illinois State Fair's always had big acts every year as well.

First off, I am always amazed when I see someone, particularly from Alaska that has seen Head East or even knows who they are. That is a very local band for me that played bars, Proms, etc when I was a teenager. They played the Prom at my high school one year. My sister dated one of the original members in the 70's. I have seen them play at least 20 times if not more.

So lets try to start a list. Just a couple weeks ago I saw AC/DC. They still have it and in fact played so tight and on the money I had to rate it one of the best shows I ever saw. I have to say I was so glad I got to take my 16 year old step son for that experience. Another memorable concert was in July 1991 in St Louis and the Guns and Roses riot. I was working that event but I signed up as I really liked the band. It did make me never work another event again. August 1990 at Alpine Valley north of Chicago, Stevie Ray Vaughn's last concert is the other I will never forget.

So a list:

AC/DC 3 times
Cheap Trick 5 times.
REO Speedwagon (local band) at least 10 times
Kiss 3 times
Ted Nugent 3 times
Head East more times than I can remember
Electric Light Orchestra
Blue Oyster Cult
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Led Zepplin
The Who
Lynard Skynard (the real band)
Ozzfest (numerous bands there)
Farm Aid 1 (many bands there)
George Thourogood at least a dozen times. He was huge in St Louis
BB King
Buddy Guy (very memorable)
Chuck Berry
Muddy Waters
Kenny Wayne Sheppard 4-5 times
Eric Clapton
Boston
ZZ Top 5 times
Rush
Molly Hatchet
The Wall Flowers
The Beach Boys 2 times
Guns and Roses
Metallica
Van Halen (Van Halen and Van Haggar)
Tom Petty 2 times
Nirvana
The Foo Fighters (one of the best shows I ever saw as well)
Alice in Chains (great)
Pearl Jam (actually a crappy show)

Many others

I have seen quite a few County bands as well. Although I don't care for county music women seem to like it so if a gal wants you to take her, you go. We also had a country music hall my parents went to a lot when I was young.

Brooks and Dunn
Martina McBride
Faith Hill (also saw her in a local Winn Dixie grocery as she lives around here)
Tim McGraw concert in a Wal Mart parking lot. (seen his Dad pitch to lol)
Shania Twain
Merle Haggard
Tom T Hall
Crystal Gail
Loretta Lynn
Conway Twitty
Dolly Parton
Don Williams

Many others

Now, who I really want to see and have never had the chance?

Jimmy Buffet
The Eagles
Chicago
Earth Wind and Fire

Many others

Dang, went back and read others lists and saw a few others I have saw and didn't list. Black Oak Arkansas is one I didn't think many would know. Saw Heart and Fleetwood Mac as well. And Aerosmith, well really didn't get to see them as Steven T OD'd on stage and the show was canceled. Did run into them one time at the local Cracker Barrel restaurant when their bus pulled up and they piled out. Only time I saw my teenage daughter who is so straight if you took a Mormon and Amish and blended them, she would be more square go absolutely crazy like a teenage girl and she got autographs from them.

where do i stack up?

I'm unsure where I fall in the age range of most of you folks, i'm 29, but the bulk of my live music is all in my screen name(Phish). I will try to avoid giving you an exact number, but its a lot.

some of the other greats are
clapton
govt mule
bruce hornsby
black crowes
dr. john
and the meters

thats all i can recall for the moment.

I am not even going to try, all new posts have bands I forgot. Forgot about Tom Petty
Nirvana
Alice in Chains
Pearl Jam
Molly Hatchet
Blue Oyster Cult
Stevie Ray Vaughn
George Thourogood
The Who(the second farwell tour)
AC/DC
I know there is more
OK Willy Nelson, Merle Haggard,Garth Brooks

no kidding Smurfe, I did indeed see Head East here in the early 80's. it was great! I think! LOL

The Moody Blues was a show I will never forget. Unlike some of you, i have never been close to a big city so I wasn't able to see as many as I would have liked.

I agree with your would like to see list. I would love to see Jimmy Buffet myself.
Troy

Ok I'll try to get them all, this is between 1996 to present
Megadeth 2X's, third will be Jan 2010
creed, jimmies chicken shack, suicidal tendencies, static x twice,
Rob Zombie 4X's
Godsmack 5X's
Motley Crue, Drowning Pool,
Slayer once, second will be Jan 2010
Metallica 3X's
Steve Winwood, Tom Petty
Black Label Society
Black Sabbath
Ozzy
Pantera twice
Down
Headcat, (Lemmy from motorhead w/ Slim Jim Phantom of Stray Cats)
Alice in Chains
Mudvayne
Velvet Revolver
Korn
Tool
5 finger death punch
Kid Rock
Iron Maiden
I also enjoy live jazz at Jimmy Maks in downtown Portland

Never was much of a concert goer, but I have a couple of stories... used to bounce a bar in South Carolina... Alabama played there before they hit the big time. They dropped by from time to time.
Saw Waylon fall off of the stage at the Fairgrounds... Jessi (Coulter..."Honky Tonk Angels) had to help him back to his motorhome... there went the concert.
Was dragged up on stage at a crosstown club to stand next to Hank Jr... used to look kinda like him when I was younger... actually got autograph requests from time to time.
Lynard Skynard... the boys lived down the street (Jacksonville FL) from Rob, a friend of mine... they grew up together. The boys were raised by their Mom... no Dad around. Their high school coach, Coach Skinner, was their father figure. They named the band in his honor. Coach had a bar named "Skinners" of course... I was there with Rob and some other buddies the night the survivors of the plane crash came in and played a set... they still had their bandages on... everyone was in tears, including yours truly.
... yes Smurfe... I remember Black Oak Arkansas
That's about it... except for all of the dreams I had of/with Dolly Parton.

HB, good friend of mine from your neck of the woods, Norfolk, is related to Dolly. Was sure he was bullshtng me till I seen a picture of him as a young boy sittin on her lap in the family yard. Always wondered what he thought when he looked up? LOL

HB, good friend of mine from your neck of the woods, Norfolk, is related to Dolly. Was sure he was bullshtng me till I seen a picture of him as a young boy sittin on her lap in the family yard. Always wondered what he thought when he looked up? LOL

When I was a young guy... 15 or so... I met Jayne Mansfield. Her agent lived 2 houses down from us. I got home from work and one of my sisters said... "Bill, go meet Jayne Mansfield... we all just got back."
Well, I walked over and knocked on the door... she came to the door in white slacks and a white knit top that was screaming for mercy. Wow what a set of headlights. Anyway, she invited me in and it was just Jayne, her snotty daughter (who grew into a beautiful woman), and myself. Ohhhhhhhh.
By the way, when I dream of Dolly I am always looking down.

Latest posts

Back