RJ Spagnols What kind of juice/concentrate in the GC Barolo?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dinolan

Reaction score
I just started a GC Barolo. I contacted RJS and asked what kind of grapes were in the juice/concentrate, and where were they from. I got a no-answer answer saying that information is proprietary, so they aren't giving it out. I also specifically asked if the juice/concentrate was 100% nebbiolo. The guy said that there may be "some" nebbiolo, and if there was, that would usually come from Italy, but maybe from somewhere else. What's the big secret why they won't identify the juice/grapes in the concentrate? I did a couple WE kits awhile ago and they gave me the info without any problem. Anyone have any details about this kit?

That was my post, and the response doesn't really answer the question but just restates what RJS said, that the info is proprietary. I would like to know what's in the kits I'm making. If I was putting quality ingredients into a kit, or into any product, I'd want to let my purchasers know that they're getting quality stuff. I've decided to buy juice and later must from M&M, where they have no problem telling you where the products are from.

I think they gave you a good answer: it's proprietary information. These companies are very competitive and that kind of information could give a competitor an edge. There's no difference between this and Coca Cola divulging their recipe. The same questions have been asked numerous times to WE's Tim Vandergrift on Winepress. They simply won't tell you.

Back