What kind of grapes are these?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

21golden007

Junior
Reaction score
I posted a comment to the first picture. Concord will grow up a tree like that and have hundreds of grapes. My daughter has one that sprang back to life after 10 or 12 years.

Looks like grape vines that haven't been pruned and maybe to shady.If you begin to care for them, they might take off for you next year. Learn about possible spray regimens for Concord grapes as well.

Looks like grape vines that haven't been pruned and maybe to shady.If you begin to care for them, they might take off for you next year. Learn about possible spray regimens for Concord grapes as well.
I can almost guarantee you they haven't been pruned or cared for in a very long time. The vines are growing up a tree facing a field to the south. Some are getting quite a bit of shade but some are in the sun most the day. Are concord grapes used for wine making?

It is easily possible to find ~a dozen or more web recipes for Concord wines, some will be repeats while others are somewhat unique. More than a couple are wrong in amounts of ingredients. Try Oliver Wineries (IN and widely sold) several Concord products before you try making some. IMO they make better jam & jelly than wine.

I make a light tasting dry red with mine as well as sweetened for the wife.

Latest posts

Back