What is your inventory level?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derunner

Reaction score
I did a check and we have drank nearly half of the wine I have made so far in the last 12 months. I am down to one bottle from my first batch. And have 12-17 bottles from 10 other wines I have bottled for a total of 140 bottles. I may have about 30 bottles of commercial wine which I sometimes open, but also use to top-off. I have 54 gals of red wine aging for bottling next year. I have just started 2 kits with 5 more to make of white and blush wines.

I'm getting nervous about only having 140 bottles left in inventory, but really that should be enough for these next 7 kits to be ready and for some other fruit wines and skeeterpee to be ready.

I may need a few more carboys.

What do you have in inventory?

first batch was 1 gallon of blackberry. march 1st 2013

3 gallon blackberry gone
3 gallon blackberry port gone
3 gallon blackberry dry 8 saved
5 gallon blackberry sweet 5 saved
6 gallon dragon blood gone
5 gallon dragon blood gone
6 gallon dragon blood 3 bottles saved
5 gallon dragon blood 4 bottles saved
5 gallon strawberry blood 5 bottles save
6 gallon strawberry blood 2 bottles saved
6 gallon fig 3 bottles saved
6 gallon mango 5 bottles saved
6 gallon blackberry port 20 bottles saved
5 gallons strawberry blackberry 10 bottles saved
3 gallon fig 10 bottles saved
3 gallon mango/strawberry 10 bottles saved
50 gallon db.... clearing
6 gallon kiwi/honeydew clearing
6 gallon pineapple 10 bottles saved
5 gallon mustang grape long time storage
3 gallon mustang grape tossed
3 gallon blackberry/apple clearing
3 gallon peach 12 bottles saved
3 gallon blackberry/strawberry port clearing

I have 96 splits
260 standard bottles
18 magnums
8 Jerboam or double magnums
1 Imperial, or 8 standard bottles
54 gallons in carboys and barrels

we are currently drinking wine that was pitched 18 months ago and bottled almost a year ago. My goal is to be drinking wine that has been in bottle two years. That will take me another 2 years to accomplish as I start one kit every month and drink or give away 20 bottles a month. So netting out about 10 bottles each month. In two years I should be drinking two year old wine. Unfortunately I am at SWMBOs limit on carboys in her kitchen. Good news is that she just suggested that I replace as many carboys with 23 ltr barrels as possible.

Kinda getting low on bottled wine, but think there is about enough in carboys for another 300 bottles or so. One of these days will have to get busy and bottle. Arne.

Aside from 6 bottles of Apfelwein, nothing I have made is ready to bottle yet. :-(

I made a lot this year, kickingm inventory up to about 250 bottles. I laid off a bit when my racks got full, but I'm starting to make more for nect year. Gotta prepare for the holiday hit. That will empty the racks somewhat. On the other hand, since I started making wine, holiday gifting is a no-brainer, for me and the receivers. :h No more shopping malls!

~180 in bottles
~23 gallons at or near bottling stage
~17 somewhere in secondary/prebottle
~6 in primary
and two kits waiting for carboys to open up

Somewhere around 94 gallons or 470 bottle's worth. I guess I'm self medicating my undiagnosed OCD. At a bottle a day household, I think a 300-400 bottle rotation allows for adequate aging and variety.

BC

30 cases taped up (that way I don't cheat and try them early)
66 bottles available to drink
3 carboys clearing
1 kit in primary
3 kits on deck
Niagara grapes in the freezer to and to concentrate for a friend
636 +/- bottles at various stages

1250 + bottled
150g in carboys

You have 1,250 bottles of wine? and reserves?
Holy cow.

That is close to 2 bottles a day for two years. Is it all going to last that long?

Nice inventory.

The bulk is easy to inventory. I have about 22 gallons. Not much idea how many bottles. I have a rack that holds 168 that's about 60 or 70% full, but there are some cases and another shelf with some bottles. Some bottles don't stack on it because of their shape, and I have also bottled some 1.5 liter bottles that don't stack. One thing I've noticed, though, is that I don't drink as much of it now as I did before I started making it.

about 150 bottles in rack's or tubs aging. 12 gallons in the primary and 3 in a carboy.

Currently have 36-38 cases in bottles and another 28 cases in carboys. Just picked up 66 gallons of juice this past weekend and will be picking another 36 gallons in october. Im also getting pears again this year from a coworker.

I have just over 400 bottles of wine, 50 splits of port, and 18 gallons in carboys. Getting low, better get my but in gear!

Back