What is your favorite kit?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's good at 8 weeks. Very good at 6 months. Excellent at a year.
Thanks, I really should start making tasting notes and see how it develops. Haven’t done this yet, I started making wine about a year ago, but now that some of the wines have had a chance to age a bit it would be good idea to compare.
Do you bulk age or bottle age?

Do you bulk age or bottle age?

Both. :p

My wines are anywhere from 9 months to 2 years when I bottle. I then try and let them sit for a while after bottling. Kits not as long, but wines from grapes I try not to touch until they are 2+ years old.

I usually bottle my top line white kits at 6 months and start consuming. they don't all disappear right away. by the time all are gone it might be 18-24 months because others have been bottled during that time. i usually make 4 whites and lately a rose` as well. winter is for reds and summer whites.

cheers

I usually bottle my top line white kits at 6 months and start consuming. they don't all disappear right away. by the time all are gone it might be 18-24 months because others have been bottled during that time. i usually make 4 whites and lately a rose` as well. winter is for reds and summer whites.

cheers
I do almost the exact same. Whites are bottled around six months, gone within two years, reds are bottled at 12 months and at least a few bottles of the better reds are kept until four or five years.

Codeman, I am sorry I should have called them before posting the link!!
Guess I just got excited.

Thanks Everyone for all the information. Now I know where to start. It is quit amazing how many kits are out there. What a awesome hobby this is!

Last edited:
I don't recall seeing any mention of Zinfandel kits from anyone. Has anyone tried the Mosti Mondiale Meglioli old vine Zin kit, or any other high end zin kits, and had good results?
I have done the Mosti Mondiali Meglioli Amarone with grapes and skins. It's about three years old now, started it 6/20/15. I really like the kit and others who tasted it liked it. Nice body and complexity.

MM's facebook page shows them having several limited edition meglioli kits for 2018, and one is an old vine zinfandel, if you can find that kit it ought to be a good one.

Latest posts

Back