what is this?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countrygirl

Reaction score
while picking blackberries i came across this unusual plant.
this appears to be a seed pod. i'm going to also try to post a pic of the foliage.
any ideas?
IMG_6153.jpg

Looks like a Calli-lilly. The green bumpy thing is left after the flower falls off. Nope you can't make wine out of it sorry :(

Geez girl, dont smoke it yet until your sure. LMFAO!! Cough Cough!

:)

Geez girl, dont smoke it yet until your sure. LMFAO!! Cough Cough!

:)

and sid, you got me rolling now. if ya'll only knew my hubby, lol. i showed him the pic first (farm boy didn't know either, lol) and he said with such a serious look on his face, "honey, that marijuana". i didn't fall for it with him either, sid, lol

I believe that what you have there is the fruiting head of a Jack-in the-Pulpit. The berries will turn red and then a beautiful orange. And no I don't think that I would make wine out of them.
Brad

i've been checking it. no change in color of the seed pod yet. i'll keep ya updated on any changes.

:u
but not a major one...
there is another plant beside it, just smaller...
the seed pods are still the same color. blackberries are about done, so i hope my little path back to this area stays open, lol

still absolutely no changes. i've found a couple of others on my blackberry forays. all smaller than the one in the picture. been searching all over to get enough berries...may have to resort to store bought/frozen:(
when the color changes on this, i will post another pic.

I have just noticed that my Jack-in the-pulpit has lost its leaves and the berries are just starting to turn red.

Latest posts

Back