What is the meaning of the following?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bladeofthemoon

Drunken God
Reaction score
I was going through some recipes on the internet and in a lot of cases people say stuff like

1 pt of wheat
or
7 pts of water etc.

so does pts mean pints here? or packets? if so, what is the standard size of packet that they are talking about?

regards,

blade

Mostly it means pints.

I wish you all learned metrics. Sigh.

Luc

Yep it means pints.
Keep in mind there are DRY and WET pints.

Many of us have zero problems. It's the constant need to convert that drives you crazy at times.

I can't believe our petrol industry hasn't converted over to Metric as it would make a lot of folks think they were getting a deal paying only $0.90 a Liter for gas...... :d

Luc

Many of us have zero problems. It's the constant need to convert that drives you crazy at times.

I can't believe our petrol industry hasn't converted over to Metric as it would make a lot of folks think they were getting a deal paying only $0.90 a Liter for gas...... :d

You have a low opinion of "a lot of folks"

Not really. The US does however rank 25th at best against the rest of the world at Math these days. That pretty much says it all.

Mostly it means pints.

Luc

lol thanks for the answer. well its just that i wanted to confirm cause here in India we usually use liters and ML's and stuff and the metric system isnt the system used on a regular basis here. Even in the engineering industry (of which im a big part) uses Kg/cm2 and stuff for measuring pressure etc.

still, thanks for clearing that up guys. appreciate it.

btw, i've found a pretty decent recipe for making wheat wine and i was trying to decode the ingredients for it. its been a year since my last batch so i needed to brush up my various SG reading abilities and o-liquid and r liquids etc. :try

paying only $0.90 a Liter for gas...... :d

ehhhhhh ?????

It is 1.7 euro for a liter.
Making 2.38 USD for a liter (at the current exchange rate)
Being about 8.8 USD for a gallon !!!!

Luc

I guess we shouldn't complain, we are now paying ~$0.93 a Liter for petrol.

You have great mass transportation, much shorter commutes, great bike paths/lanes. I am lucky I suppose. My commute is only 5 mile each way. Many people commute 60 miles a day round trip and I know several people that commute over 200 miles a day round trip by automobile.......

I wonder how the Farmers over there are making it?. Im really feeling the impact not just what I pay for fuel but the Doubling of fertilizer prices and freight rates. My prices will have to go up too.

I wonder how the Farmers over there are making it?. Im really feeling the impact not just what I pay for fuel but the Doubling of fertilizer prices and freight rates. My prices will have to go up too.

Yep, tractor diesel and fertilizer are killing me!

Yes, I also think that it should be pints in context of Home Brewing, what else it could be? No idea.

Last edited:
Why the metric system will have a major time fully catching on in the US?
"First and 9.144 at the 18.288 meter line..."
About the only things not labeled with both in the U.S. are gas, speed and distance.

Now excuse me i have to go out and mow my meter.

Creeping decimalisation Bah !

After "those in authority" forced us to change from gallons to litres the price of fuel has rocketted. (and why [when it is cheaper to produce] has diesel passed petrol in price)?

All programmes on the box now refer to milimeters, centimeters, metres without giving an equivalent for us 'old 'uns'. Rant over (for now) ! Cheers, Tony.

Latest posts

Back