What is Icewine?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fogg

Junior
Reaction score
What is “Icewine”? A search of the forum revealed almost nothing. I see that it won a Gold and “Best of Show” at the Oklahoma State Fair. Could someone enlighten me?
Regards, Fogg

Thank you Joe!

That was a very good article on Icewine. I am going to give it a try; and make a batch. However, very sad to see that Icewine is not 'da kine" from the top of Big Island (Or is it?).

Regards, Fogg

No Ice Wines here that I know of. Mauna Kea on the Big Island is "snow board and ski" country.

Has anyone on this board tried the Selection Speciale Series "Riesling Icewine Style"? Were you happy with your results? Any hints?

Regards, Fogg

I plan on trying it someday when I get caught up. I have told George this so much, he don't believe me anymore!

Icewine is a most wonderous and happy thing. I have made it from a kit before and it went FAST!

I am going to make a batch of Icewine. It looks like the Icewine will make excellent Christmas presents. The wine should be mature enough by then to be enjoyable.

Regards, Fogg

I don't know about making icewine, but drinking it... Well, treat
it like a port. Goes real good after a wonderful meal.

Glad to have you aboard kaizen....Welcome!
smiley4.gif

I have almost a full batch of the Selection Riesling Ice wine Style in the cellar...it is very good but way too sweet for my taste.

Latest posts

Back