What is fermentingin my cellar?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winggolder33

Junior
Reaction score
I am fermenting 25 carboys, and 6 gallon jugs. Got a buy on ripe peaches, about 50 gallons are peach, 25 are nectarine, 25 are Norton grape, 5 blueberry, some elderberry, and I forgot what else. Been wine making since 1988, when I joined SWIG, a club in Mensa. I had 90 cases bottlen in my cellar, last time I counted. My musician friends enjoy it, we play music every Thursday evening at my house, that's where most of the wine goes. I make my labels on the computer. I'm 77, still golfing, riding my 650 Vulcan cycle. I don't get on here often, but anyone can email me at deanp33@hotmail.

Sounds like you have been busy. Good for you! I'm a few years behind you and hope I am still that busy when I reach your age.

I really like Norton wine. How is it turning out?

And welcome to the forum.

The Norton turns out good. Most of it I blend with 5 to 33% Elderberry, as elderberry is so strong tasting, and I think it improves the taste of the Norton. I'm down to 5% this year, as I could hardly find any e-berries.

Dean...in the absence of fresh elderberries you can always use dried elderberries. They make a great wine or mead. I have purchased mine from www.morethanalive.com for two seasons now (but I have planted elderberry bushes and am patiently waiting).

Welcome to the forum and I hope I have just as much spunk as you do when I am in the same age bracket!!

Latest posts

Back