Cellar Craft what is F-pac.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh and one more thing , im not sure what back sweeten is all about? cheers

If I understand correctly, I can add 100% juice to my California Connoisseur Riesling Kit, just figure out what ratio i want and that's it, i have 6 gallon clearing right now and would like to make 1 or 2 gallons different, thanks for any info.
Jim

If I understand correctly, I can add 100% juice to my California Connoisseur Riesling Kit, just figure out what ratio i want and that's it, i have 6 gallon clearing right now and would like to make 1 or 2 gallons different, thanks for any info.
Jim

I'm a rookie too, but I've read that it's better to add a syrup mix. Bottle some straight out, add syrup to your test beaker 1/2 tsp. at a time until it reaches the sweentness you want - Check SG in beaker. Add small amount to carboy until you get same SG and bottle some more. Repeat process until your finished. This all assuming you're talking about sweetening your wine.

I'm a rookie too, but I've read that it's better to add a syrup mix. Bottle some straight out, add syrup to your test beaker 1/2 tsp. at a time until it reaches the sweentness you want - Check SG in beaker. Add small amount to carboy until you get same SG and bottle some more. Repeat process until your finished. This all assuming you're talking about sweetening your wine.
No. Thats back sweetening.
winomaker is talking about F-Pac

Hello, I'm new and reseraching on fruit wines. I'm just wondering how long do f-pac's keep for? I should probably bring it to room temperature? I ask because I'm planning to cook it where I have access to a stove for 30-60minutes, and bring it home after 6-9 hours. Also what is simple syrup is, are you talking about equals parts by weight or volume of table sugar and water?

Thanks so much!

Back