What happened here?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alien77721

Reaction score
[URL=http://s60.photobucket.com/user/alien77721/media/Mobile%20Uploads/1478662263133818057319_zps6bxktut3.jpg.html] [/URL]

Can anyone tell me what happened?

Started a batch of skeeter pee 48 hours ago. Nothing started and it seems everything has floated to the top!

If that was beer I'd say yeast rafts. Being a rookie wine maker, I'd say leave it alone and give it time. Real wine makers will be along soon.
Cheers

that is yeast nutrient and energizer keep stirring the must that will mix in. stir the must a couple times a day if possible

Get your temps up in the mid 70's if they are not already. After it takes off you can let it cool down a little, but skeeter pee likes it warm when fermenting. Think the acid in the lemon makes it a little tougher to get going. Arne.

Check your SG if you haven't already. If you used a slurry like I did, it fermented lightening (3 days) fast! I thought something was wrong too because it didn't seem like a normal ferment. I REALLY thought something was wrong when the SG read almost finished. Just keep stirring and checking the temp and SG.

No this doesn't seem to have even started yet. No bubbles at all as of this morning. I'm going to get it off of the ground and try to warm it up

I have had some skeeter pee that took three to four days before it started. Like stated, stir, actually I would whip it must pretty good at least once a day.

Latest posts

Back