What do you put in the airlock or wbhat aiirlock u useing?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been putting spring water in my s neck airlock. I have three different styles of airlocks I hear that some put vodka in the airlock, but I only have Teachers Highland Cream. Is it okay? It's for medicinal use (I drink it when I need to sleep well.)
Put tap water with a pinch of meta and a couple drops of red food coloring so you can see the fluid. Dp

My preference is a Kmeta solution in 3 piece airlocks. I use plastic carboys in my wine making. When picking them up by the neck, the bottom center part of the carboy drops a bit creating a slight vacuum in the bottle.

Solution from the airlock was sucked into the carboy once when I first started wine making as a result of this suction. At the time, I was glad that it was Kmeta that got added to the wine and not a cleaning solution.

Since then, I've learned to remove the airlock and to support the bottom of the carboy with my other hand when lifting it.

Latest posts

Back