what do you HATE the most about wine making?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blueberryboy

Junior
Reaction score
Hey This is my first time on the forum.

What is the thing you HATE the most about the wine making process?

The worst for me was pressing the fruit and bottling.

Welcome to the forum.

I really don't hate any part of wine making although I would have to say that bottling is my "least favorite" part of the process. Over the years, however, I have developed a process which makes it fun. The good side of bottling is the great feeling of accomplishment once I am done with it.

If there is one thing I do "hate" it is seeing the last bottle of a great batch of wine go!

For me it is an empty bottle. Ask any bottle, it feels useless without wine in it. The best is a full bottle as I remove the cork and pour some in my glass or someone else's glass. And now that the Turkey is in the oven and the pies are made, I need to get off my duff and both fill some bottles and eventually empty one or two.

Rinse, clean, rinse, sanitize. Repeat.

Endlessly cleaning and sanitizing equipment; although very necessary, is tedious and time-consuming.

Hey This is my first time on the forum.

What is the thing you HATE the most about the wine making process?

The worst for me was pressing the fruit and bottling.

Ask yourself this ,,, What part of waking up to a new day do you hate the most?? Treat ANY endeavor as an adventure to be enjoyed!! You'll thank yourself when it's done:h

Nice responses. I was just trying to find some of the most common dislikes of wine making. I am always trying to find new ideas to make things easier. So I thought would see what the common dislikes were, and try to find new things to work on improving.

One of the things I saw at a friends winery; was he used a squirt bottle with sanitizer, so the sanitizer could more accessible. I am trying that to see how it works. so far it is very handy

cleaning bottles, scrapping labels, drinking the last bottle of a batch.

Nice responses. I was just trying to find some of the most common dislikes of wine making. I am always trying to find new ideas to make things easier. So I thought would see what the common dislikes were, and try to find new things to work on improving.

One of the things I saw at a friends winery; was he used a squirt bottle with sanitizer, so the sanitizer could more accessible. I am trying that to see how it works. so far it is very handy

We're called "Spritzers".
smilie.gif
You'll find a bunch of us here.

I have to agree with waiting....for.....wine......to age and .....mature. Sometimes it seems like children grow up and mature faster than that carboy downstairs!

Patience is for Doctors! :h

I had a totally different answer to this question.

What I had most about winemaking is thinking that I have the wine perfectly adjusted when I bottle it, then tasting it 3 months later and thinking, shoot, it needed more acid/less acid/more sugar/less sugar/more this/less that. I still really struggle with the late adjustments.

Latest posts

Back