What do you do with all your wine?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tree Frog

Reaction score
Hi !

I see a problem developing, more wine than I can drink or give away.Not that many of my friends are wine drinkers.

I have four kits currently in various stages,five more waiting to get started, and others on my wish list.

What are you doing with all your wine
smiley25.gif
smiley29.gif
smiley25.gif

Bill Burnett

Storing it. I drink a bottle each night I am off work, which is about half my life. The rest is is a dark cool place getting better.

I put two cases of my white wine,sauvingnon blanc, in my under bed storage area today, it looks like I can get ten cases under there, with a nice stable temp. I kept 4 bottles out (in a seperate tray in the same area) to test every few months, but this wine is here for the long haul. I guess you could force more on your friends helping to create a drinking problem in a few..lol

I have "instant friends!" Never around when you clean and bottle though...

We drink some almost daily for health reasons!
smiley2.gif
We also have plenty to share with friends and family plus you need quite a supply to age some for the long haul.

I was making more wine today and my wife, who doesn't drink, says what are you going to do with all this wine, I said it has to age!! Just getting ahead.

We never seem to end up with too much wine. Always space available in our cellar. I guess if we were to bottle everything in carboys we would have to drink more to create some space. We always have friends who are willing to help us drink wine, whether with us or in the privacy of their own home. You'll always have something available as an emergency gift! You'll see how fast it goes. And if you get busy with other things and heaven forbid don't have time to start another wine,
smiley19.gif
then you'll have a stock from which to draw.

if you still have a problem getting rid of wine, please take my friends and family... no seriously, please take them

I honestly don't know where it all goes. My wife and I share 1 bottle a day, obviously for medicinal purposes only.
smiley2.gif
I also give some to my friends and family. I use it for samples at the store and whenever my wife needs a present, there go another couple of bottles.

I have made over 3,000 bottles during the last 4 years and I have about 300 in the cellar between those bottled and in the carboy. If my wife and I drank 365 a year, that would be 1461 bottles (can't forget leap year). As to where the other half of my wine went is a pure guess, but I do seem to have a whole lot more friends now than I used to.

Latest posts

Back