What are your other hobbies?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A list of my hobbies in no particular order. Wine making, woodworking, traveling, reading on vacation and at the beach, and restoring the outside of my house Hobbies I no longer have time for but have a lot of money tied up in. G-Scale trains and fresh water fishing. just not enough hours in the day, also my job gets in the way. Bakervinyard

Really not a hobby but my real job. This is what got me interested in wine. It is a tasting room for an existing winery my company built.

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• First Level w Wine Wall and Counter.jpg
    First Level w Wine Wall and Counter.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Rear Elevation.jpg
    Rear Elevation.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Tunnel Entrance.jpg
    Tunnel Entrance.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Wine Bottle Wall.jpg
    Wine Bottle Wall.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 34
Some off road driving, metal detecting mostly for relics, target shooting with old black powder single shot rifles.

P7040003a_zpsylok1vlq.jpg

rap%20in%20snow_zpspwpajtfm.jpg

rptr2_zps2msozkwa.jpg

DSCN1153_zpsdvc45ywv.jpg

nik1_zpsboazpdij.jpg

other than making wine, then selling wine, I collect baseball cards and trains.

Picture1.jpg

Oops, that is the wrong picture and I can't seem to delete it.

This is the current project!

fd_3.jpg

I have a few. I'm an IT guy and always tinkering with something.

My wife and I love gardening. We have eight 10'x4' raised garden beds in our backyard, plus an apple tree, some pear trees, fig trees, raspberries, blackberries, and herbs flowers. Also we have about 25 muscat vines, 10 Riesling vines, and a few table grape vines. We can/preserve a lot of stuff from the garden each year. We make salsas, sauces, pickled veggies, jams, jellies.

We also love camping. We bought a popup camper last year (which turned out to have a rotted roof which I totally rebuilt, and bad electrical due to mice which I repaired). We take this kids camping several times a year, lots of 3-4 day weekends. Or we just camp in the driveway, kids love that too.

I also grill and smoke various foods a lot. I've cut down to 3 main grills (homemade charcoal grill from an oil drum, natural gas normal bbq, and a propane vertical smoker). I had a couple more but it was too much. Smoked some salmon yesterday and will take about any excuse to grill. We're hoping to try curing some meats this year, like duck prosciutto or similar.

I used to have a motorcycle but sold that due to family. hope to ride again one day.

First pic is some of the Reisling vines I planted in 2015.
Second one shows the older Muscat vines on the trellis (where we got the name for our wines, Red Trellis), and some of garden
Third one is garden. To the left side you can see those same Riesling. Along the top/right are the newer muscat I had propogated from my older ones.

Riesling1.jpg

trellis1.jpg

garden1.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back